Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ALITTLE OPTIMISM - what do you reakon?

ALITTLE OPTIMISM - what do you reakon?

Old Jan 16th 2002, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point

All of those poor unfortunate people like myself, that have applied under the skilled independant class, I would like to give you all alittle light at the end of you tunnels!

Although I have not heard anything fron the AHC,(applied Dec 2000) I do beleive that one day, my family and I WILL arrive in Australia. We have made some invaluable friendships through the emigration process and look forward to all the new friends that will be made in our new life.

I have decided that life is too short to be too pesimistic and that if we can wait 13 months, then another 4 or so will not be too much water off an already heavy back.

I know that it all seems too much at times and that the wait is unbearable, but do have hope and remember that anger and frustration are negative emotions. Lets see those stiff upper lips lads!!

Oh and by the way BLOODY GET A MOVE ON WITH MY VISA!!!!!:-)
Old Jan 16th 2002, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We're feeling pretty optimistic at the moment, I've just booked the hall for our leaving party in July! Don't think I'll put the house on the market just yet though........
I hope you hear some good news soon.
Old Jan 17th 2002, 6:08 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have the same length of time served as the Dec 2000 people being a April 2001 applicant but I understand the sentiments. The future looks very good on the far distant horizon, the help and support we get on this Ng is great with the wait. But I am not good with waiting so instead of stress I am exploring every avenue, I am trying to study for Australian equivalent exams in my profession (get my marketability up) and am hoping for a work sponsored visa - reason being some companies shy away from PR sponsorship but are happy with the thought that my family and I are committed to the PR independently and in the meantime are happy to offer a temporary working visa. There is a slight risk I know if the PR does not come long term, but I would like to think we have tried everything to make this future dream come true - and even better if it happens quicker!!!! - Do I qualify for the stiff upper lip club