Reload this Page >

Airport customs in Australia

Airport customs in Australia

Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

roxyinitalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Airport customs in Australia

Originally Posted by mark213
They are awful here - expecially in Perth and are very anal. It takes an age to get through . I was waiting for around 2 hours for my parents last time because they had over 10 packets of olives. They only got let through becuse there was no pips.

A few months ago they took it upon themselves to attempt to charge me for my fiancee engagement ring we bought abroad too as we werent a couple leaving, but were arriving as!

Welcome to the 3rd Reich.

Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:57 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't had any major problems in Brisbane. We also have baby formula with us so we declare it on the form. When we get up to the front they usually ask about it and then send us through the short line. In our 3 trips in we've never had our bags checked going through quarantine. I guess they figure we've declared something so we're probably safe

We did have our bags sniffed by the dogs while waiting for luggage. They checked only the diaper bag and were fine. It didn't hold us up though because we were still waiting for our stuff.

But I would say, if you might as well mail the stuff over if you can.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxyinitalia
Thanks. I can't stand hold ups at airport so I think I will leave everything that's edible at home.
You will get holdups anyway. All luggage is xrayed at most if not all airports, as you come into the country, but if you declare food then occasionally you get away with it. The "declare" queue is almost always quicker, because you aren't stuck behind people arguing about what they have or haven't got in their bags. Even if you only bring a bar of chocolate, declare it and you will clear a little quicker.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

vicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nice

we get border security in the uk on one of the sky channels and boy they are strict! wish our lot was as good/strict.

my fav episode was again a chinese student who had been stopped and fined previously for food. she said it was customs fault for not 'reminder her' that she had to declare food. she admitted freely to always ticking the 'no food' even though she always brought in food!!! amazing. i was shouting 'fine her' at the tv. stupid girl. :curse:
i felt sorry for the couple that had got married in cuba though, and got 3 fines, one for seeds on a musical instrument, then fees for treating the said seeds and then they found loads of cuban cigars that were a wedding present that they had to pay over $500 dollars duty on. poor buggers!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:51 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicki t
we get border security in the uk on one of the sky channels and boy they are strict! wish our lot was as good/strict.

my fav episode was again a chinese student who had been stopped and fined previously for food. she said it was customs fault for not 'reminder her' that she had to declare food. she admitted freely to always ticking the 'no food' even though she always brought in food!!! amazing. i was shouting 'fine her' at the tv. stupid girl. :curse:
i felt sorry for the couple that had got married in cuba though, and got 3 fines, one for seeds on a musical instrument, then fees for treating the said seeds and then they found loads of cuban cigars that were a wedding present that they had to pay over $500 dollars duty on. poor buggers!
I actually went through Customs at Brisbane once behind a guy with a suitcase full of pizza.......
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:42 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I actually went through Customs at Brisbane once behind a guy with a suitcase full of pizza.......
Because there are no Italians in Australia??

PS what were you doing up at this time on a Saturday morning..?
Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy

She's probably at work. What are YOU doing up at this time on a Saturday morning?
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:29 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
She's probably at work. What are YOU doing up at this time on a Saturday morning?
Its not that early in Mellie.

Decorating.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:41 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by busterboy

Day shift I hate mornings, up at 5, start the shift at 6.15.
Give me night shifts anytime, suits me much better
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vicki t

i saw that episode, was really funny!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

roxyinitalia is an unknown quantity at this point

that's too funny.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:35 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

You will get holdups anyway. All luggage is xrayed at most if not all airports, as you come into the country, but if you declare food then occasionally you get away with it. The "declare" queue is almost always quicker, because you aren't stuck behind people arguing about what they have or haven't got in their bags. Even if you only bring a bar of chocolate, declare it and you will clear a little quicker.
They are x-rayed on the way out of the country too.

Aussie customs dont mess around, and I quite like that.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:56 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
They are x-rayed on the way out of the country too.

Aussie customs dont mess around, and I quite like that.
Yep, I'm aware of that; unfortunately taking food out of the country doesn't get you in a faster queue
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:57 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, I'm aware of that; unfortunately taking food out of the country doesn't get you in a faster queue
just saying that was all.

I'll not bother anymore.