NZ: No, DIY.
4.50%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Agents?

Old Sep 10th 2002, 10:19 pm
Dennisvr

Default Re: Agents?

crunch time?

"Robert Edwards" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Nicky, Those fees are "off the planet" but wether to use an Agent or not is a
    > personal one but the Immigration Law is considerably more complex than a
lot
    > of people are aware of, however that is not to say many applicants cannot complete
    > it themselves, but one mistake and it's crunch time, as far as
the
    > "sticking it on a shelf for a few years to gather dust" as you would
accept
    > there is a period of "limbo" that is unavoidable as unfortunate as it is. Thank
    > goodness not all Agents are as you describe. Regards
    > Rob Edwards
    > www.australianaustralia.com
    > "NickyTurner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > From personal experience i wish i had saved the £2500 i paid to 4 Corners and
    > > done it myself. The forms are a bit complicated at times and if, like me, you had
    > > a huge work history to get ref's on (hubbie is self emp carpneter) then it takes
    > > time and patience but have found that the only person interested in me getting PR
    > > is me! I think they take the money, get the forms in and then stick it on a shelf
    > > for a few years to gather dust. I would suggest monitoring them closely!
    > >
    > > Nicky 'I'm not bitter!'
    > >
    > >
    > > Originally posted by ptlabs:
    > > > Hi all, I'm simply curious to know how many of us here actually use/d agents
    > > > for our Australian or New Zealand migration applications.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers,
    > > Peter
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Old Sep 11th 2002, 1:20 am
Robert Edwards

Sorry..."crunch time" means the time when the axe falls.

"dennisvr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > crunch time?
    > "Robert Edwards" <[email protected]> wrote in message [url="news:all9e-[/q1]
[q1]> [email protected]"]news:[email protected][-

> /url]...
    > > Nicky, Those fees are "off the planet" but wether to use an Agent or not is a
    > > personal one but the Immigration Law is considerably more complex than a
    > lot
    > > of people are aware of, however that is not to say many applicants
cannot
    > > complete it themselves, but one mistake and it's crunch time, as far as
    > the
    > > "sticking it on a shelf for a few years to gather dust" as you would
    > accept
    > > there is a period of "limbo" that is unavoidable as unfortunate as it
is.
    > > Thank goodness not all Agents are as you describe.

Old Sep 11th 2002, 1:24 am
Robert Edwards

3000 Pound for VAT+Medicals+Immigration fees.......you mean "Aplication Fees" I
suppose .....then if Agent's Fees are included in this figure you probably did
alright, be interested in your Visa category and the actual Agent's Fee if you wish
to divulge please.

Rob

"Steve Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Money for old rope. I was Quoted £3000=VAT+Medicals+Immigration Fees...If the fees
    > were more reasonable I think more people would use agents.

Old Sep 11th 2002, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

We paid approx £2,400 to Four Corners, then on top of that was all the lodgment fees/ form fees, then we still have medicals and police checks etc on top. Cannot see what they have done for their money personally as most of the info i have found out has been through this web site, other web sites and personal contacts. I wish i had looked around first. I wish i had used someone like Alan who seems to actually a/ know what he's banging on about and b/ give a s*** about people lives.

Nicky

Originally posted by Robert Edwards:
3000 Pound for VAT+Medicals+Immigration fees.......you mean "Aplication Fees" I
suppose .....then if Agent's Fees are included in this figure you probably did
alright, be interested in your Visa category and the actual Agent's Fee if you wish
to divulge please.

Rob

> Money for old rope. I was Quoted £3000=VAT+Medicals+Immigration Fees...If the fees
    > were more reasonable I think more people would use agents.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 9:43 am
Just Joined

trece is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Agents?

Well,

I knew people say it is not such a good idea to do it, I heard a lot about it, but due to the importance of the matter I contracted an agent in Sydney, that for A$ 3500 helped us to fill in our spouse visa application.

He sounded quite professional and had good manners. He went through the whole application and details, and gave good common sense advice. He posted our application to DIMIA using a courier.

Four months later, from a call I gave to the DIMIA processing office overseas I just found that they never received the application, and that the Agent dissapeared from his office in Syndey.

After a month struggling to find this agent we luckily managed to get to him, and he finally sent the application. We have been dealyed 4 months in our process of getting our visa. And the agent witholded all the documents, pictures, etc, plus the application that took a few months to be set up.

It has been a frustrating experience, and very shocking. I just wanted to advice to anyone hiring an agent to be extra cautious, and to follow up every single step closely to make
sure things are happening as they should.

I think that a good agent would be a great help, and a stress relief. But I also think that not many agents can be really trusted, and that most seem to take more care in the money that in the lifes people put in their hands.

Old Sep 11th 2002, 9:46 am
del
Forum Regular

del is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just about to submit my RPL application to ACS, and as people have said here, RPL is not the most straightforward of procedures, so I decided that I would employ the services of a migration agent.

I found one on the web (office is in Oz), contacted him and have found his knowledge and experience to be invaluable. In under 2 months, I have received 20 emails from him, guiding me along the mass of forms that need to be filled in, evidence required, employer references to obtain, etc.

I decided to use an agent not only because of the RPL aspect, but also because I need to get my visa application in (assuming I'm successful with the ACS RPL) before I turn 35 in January next year. Because of this, I cannot afford the time that would be wasted in the event that my application is missing vital documentation or has been incorrectly filled in.

He even provided 2 examples of successful RPL Skills Assessment application forms by way of an example of what is required. More often than not he will respond to my email with one working day, and on a couple of occasions I've emailed him from the UK at 9:00am (6:00pm Oz time), and have received a reply from him within 30 minutes. All documents I create are sent to him in draft form for his comments and/or approval.

Since the announcement by the ACS that assesment will now be liable to 6 years work experince, he has become more efficient in contacting me so that we can beat the Oct 1st deadline.

I realise not all agents are the same. I just got lucky I suppose, but I find that a good yardstick (albeit general and perhaps not 100% accurate) is the professional way in which a company's website is presented and the amount of info they provide on it. This is ultimately why I chose to go with them.

Cheers
Del
Old Sep 11th 2002, 9:52 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yours is indeed a shocking situation ... and in my view should be reported to the MARA (the body that oversees the conduct of registered agents).

One way to improve the lot of future visa applicants is to make sure that those who are unprofessional and who fail to deliver on their promises within a reasonable timeframe are identified to the authorities so that they can be dealt with as necessary.

Best regards.

Originally posted by trece:
Well,

I knew people say it is not such a good idea to do it, I heard a lot about it, but due to the importance of the matter I contracted an agent in Sydney, that for A$ 3500 helped us to fill in our spouse visa application.

He sounded quite professional and had good manners. He went through the whole application and details, and gave good common sense advice. He posted our application to DIMIA using a courier.

Four months later, from a call I gave to the DIMIA processing office overseas I just found that they never received the application, and that the Agent dissapeared from his office in Syndey.

After a month struggling to find this agent we luckily managed to get to him, and he finally sent the application. We have been dealyed 4 months in our process of getting our visa. And the agent witholded all the documents, pictures, etc, plus the application that took a few months to be set up.

It has been a frustrating experience, and very shocking. I just wanted to advice to anyone hiring an agent to be extra cautious, and to follow up every single step closely to make
sure things are happening as they should.

I think that a good agent would be a great help, and a stress relief. But I also think that not many agents can be really trusted, and that most seem to take more care in the money that in the lifes people put in their hands.

Old Sep 11th 2002, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

thewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nicethewilk is just really nice

We recently used an agent (Concept Auastralia Manchester) cost £650 at the time but its nearer £1000 now, this is just for filling in the forms! If you think your application will be a problem use one. Applied in December 2000 going next month to Brisbane
Old Sep 11th 2002, 9:22 pm
Steve Williams

That = should have been a + of course...and I'm not taking it up. "Robert Edwards"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 3000 Pound for VAT+Medicals+Immigration fees.......you mean "Aplication Fees" I
    > suppose .....then if Agent's Fees are included in this figure you probably did
    > alright, be interested in your Visa category and the actual Agent's Fee if you wish
    > to divulge please.
    > Rob
    > "Steve Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Money for old rope. I was Quoted £3000=VAT+Medicals+Immigration Fees...If the
    > > fees were more reasonable I think more people would use agents.
    > >
    > >

Old Sep 12th 2002, 1:11 am
Robert Edwards

Ooooooooh hang on while I lay down

> That = should have been a + of course...and I'm not taking it up. "Robert Edwards"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > 3000 Pound for VAT+Medicals+Immigration fees.......you mean "Aplication Fees" I
    > > suppose .....then if Agent's Fees are included in this figure
you
    > > probably did alright, be interested in your Visa category and the actual Agent's
    > > Fee if you wish to divulge please.
    > >
    > > Rob
    > >
    > > "Steve Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message [url="news:103169-[/q2]
[q2]> > [email protected]"]news:[email protected][/u-

> > rl]...
    > > > Money for old rope. I was Quoted £3000=VAT+Medicals+Immigration Fees...If the
    > > > fees were
more
    > > > reasonable I think more people would use agents.
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >

Old Sep 12th 2002, 4:24 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steve Williams:
Money for old rope. I was Quoted £3000=VAT+Medicals+Immigration Fees...If the fees
were more reasonable I think more people would use agents.
This sounds like a great game to get into , right you punters how much for a well used PR Visa one careful owner you will need to change your name by deed poll to Pommie bastard.
Any offers this is a once in a life time offer and will I also be setting up as an agent in UK soon .
Fees will be very reasonable let me show you the way to the land of plenty got to be worth a few quid hey.
If thats not in your league these are hard times , got a mate in Bali with a fishing boat does the odd trip to Aussie , very popular with them from the middle east.
So keep your chins up there is always hope , bleed and rob em imigration agents will in the market soon.
Getting the visa is easy what chance have you got , getting yourselfs sorted over here.
We will have an office over here too called ," robbed once try twice" .Some of you have called me a sad bastard , at least I got here on my own did not need any help , god I've got to stop laughing there is no hope for you lot.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Sep 12th 2002 at 6:07 am.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Steve Williams:
Money for old rope. I was Quoted £3000=VAT+Medicals+Immigration Fees...If the fees
were more reasonable I think more people would use agents.
Confirms what I've always thought, that most of them are a bunch of con artists. maybe this forum should be renamed 'guillibleexpats.com'
Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:18 am
Robert Edwards

Admittedly there have been a "few" and that is all comments about a few Agents maybe
overcharging and maybe not always keeping their paying clients informed but that
hardly equates to " that most of them are a bunch of con artists"

Rob Edwards
www.allaustralianwebsite.com

"BritboyNZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Steve Williams:
    > > Money for old rope. I was Quoted £3000=VAT+Medicals+Immigration Fees...If the
    > > fees were more reasonable I think more people would use agents.
    > >
    > Confirms what I've always thought, that most of them are a bunch of con artists.
    > maybe this forum should be renamed 'guillibleexpats.com'
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:40 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

That's far too sweeping a generalisation. I'm not going to defend overcharging (however that might be defined - you can always shop around) or an unprofessional approach, but you should be careful about tarring all with the same brush on the basis of your personal experiences - how many agents have you met or dealt with exactly?

Best regards.

Originally posted by BritboyNZ:

Confirms what I've always thought, that most of them are a bunch of con artists. maybe this forum should be renamed 'guillibleexpats.com'
Old Sep 12th 2002, 6:44 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

You're not quite good with statistics, are you?

If you check the stats, you will realize that even for this poll, almost 50% of the respondents did not engage a migration agent for their applications. So, how can you generalize everyone on this forum as being gullible? Or are you just being naive about it?

Peter

Originally posted by BritboyNZ:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.