Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Agent did you use/are you using?

View Poll Results: What Agent did you use/are you using?
George Lombard
10.30%
Alan Collett
17.58%
ASA
3.64%
OE
12.12%
Visa Bureau
1.21%
Concept Australia
12.12%
ICSAH
0%
Other
43.03%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Which Agent did you use/are you using?

Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:10 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Agent did you use/are you using?

Originally Posted by Rooksie
will send you a PM for fear of the powers above!!!
This is the problem, plenty of people saying "so and so are brilliant" but we arent allowed to say if we've not had brilliant service.

I find this frustrating when I see people posting how great a certain agent may be when our experience was they were sh*t!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
This is the problem, plenty of people saying "so and so are brilliant" but we arent allowed to say if we've not had brilliant service.

I find this frustrating when I see people posting how great a certain agent may be when our experience was they were sh*t!

would be nice to have an objective forum eh!?!?!!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Rooksie
would be nice to have an objective forum eh!?!?!!

Yes it would, I can understand why people might worry about being sued or whatever, but surely if you are simply quoting the facts of what happened there shouldnt be a problem!

Anyway, had this "debate" with an agent on Adbrits but just going round in circles!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:53 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I recall the point put was that agents are bound by a duty of confidentiality. This means that an aggrieved person might make a comment on a discussion forum to which the agent in question can't reply unless the aggrieved client agrees that the agent can make a full and open discussion of the facts.

It is the fact that there are usually two sides to a story that concerns me about the naming and shaming approach ... by all means make your annoyances known, but let the agent know you are going to do so, and give him or her carte blanche to discuss your case on an open forum.

Best wishes.

Yes it would, I can understand why people might worry about being sued or whatever, but surely if you are simply quoting the facts of what happened there shouldnt be a problem!

Anyway, had this "debate" with an agent on Adbrits but just going round in circles!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:59 am

I'm not going to get into it again Alan as we both have differing views on this!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

Personally I find it strange that such a high profile agent would spend so much time surfing the net!

Shouldn't they be working on their clients behalf instead?

Bill
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by BillBart1
Personally I find it strange that such a high profile agent would spend so much time surfing the net!

Shouldn't they be working on their clients behalf instead?

Bill

Good point........

Bill: sent you some karma
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:34 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Good point........

Bill: sent you some karma
Cmon all if someone made a comment about you, wouldn't you like the opportunity to defend yourself ??

Bad news travels faster than good news, it is only fair and just that if you are being percieved in a negative light you have the right to defend yourself.

Think of the accused,the jury, the defence and the prosecution.

It must be fair...
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:25 pm

I'm not saying people shouldnt have the chance to defend themselves BUT how can they defend themselves if we're not allowed to "name and shame" people who we consider have given us poor service?

To be honest dont really want to get into this argument again as been through it all on another forum, but I think it's unbalanced that we're only allowed to write "I recommend so and so, had excellent service" without being able to write "I used so and so, had poor service and here's why" - I have no problem with people replying with "I am said agent and here's my point of view".

I know it's mainly because one agent in particular threatened legal action due to people posting their experiences, but I do wonder whether they have a leg to stand on if people are simply relaying the facts. And the people who threatened the action DID have a chance to post their reply but chose to threaten Expats instead - speaks volumes!

found this old thread in case any of you are interested: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...igration+group

Last edited by bridiej; Apr 25th 2005 at 1:36 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
Cmon all if someone made a comment about you, wouldn't you like the opportunity to defend yourself ??

Bad news travels faster than good news, it is only fair and just that if you are being percieved in a negative light you have the right to defend yourself.

Think of the accused,the jury, the defence and the prosecution.

It must be fair...

sorry but having been at the receiving end of a particularly cr** service i have to disagree. that said, i notice someone on this thread has had a positive experience with said agent so maybe it is simply down to whether a case is straightfoward or not. however i thought ours was and as ASCO definitions and TRA guidelines are pretty clear it makes me wonder how A Collins still managed to cock it up!!!! Ooops sorry was that a bit obvious. never mind.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 2:37 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

used concept Australia in manchester, very good so far and would recommend them, in the middle of main app now
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

Didn't mean to offend.

I use 3 forums and every one I go into, the agent seems to be there.

Just seems like sharking on people when they are least confident thats all.

I stand corrected.

Bill
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:22 pm

Why stand corrected?

It is a correct observation....
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Lol!

You're right! To paraphase a friend.... you know who you are...

'Ambulance chaser'

Thanks Birdiej feel better now got that off my chest.

Bill
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by BillBart1
Lol!

You're right! To paraphase a friend.... you know who you are...

'Ambulance chaser'

Thanks Birdiej feel better now got that off my chest.

Bill
pmsl!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.