Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Agent did you use/are you using?

View Poll Results: What Agent did you use/are you using?
George Lombard
10.30%
Alan Collett
17.58%
ASA
3.64%
OE
12.12%
Visa Bureau
1.21%
Concept Australia
12.12%
ICSAH
0%
Other
43.03%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Which Agent did you use/are you using?

Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which Agent did you use/are you using?

Originally Posted by alinora9
At the moment only one we deal with direct, but lots of other names for this and that.We have notice things and my hubby and i joked we had the junior must admitt quite worried now after finding you. Was it easy to sack them and did you use another agent, i feel we could do it ourselves but abit scared of messing it up !!
To be honest we sacked them right near the end but with hindsight would have done the whole process ourselves as its not to bad, mind you we hit some trouble with the meds that we had to sort out ourselves but it turned out to be nothing. It was very easy to sack them they had none of the paper work that we needed to continue with so sent a e-mail saying goodbye good luck with your application
Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

mel n jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Just curious.....?
We were going to use Go Matilda as Matilda was our dog's name thought it was like meant to be, but the lady we spoke to went away on holiday for a month or so, so we ended up using Concept Australia (North) as they were local.

I have no real comment's about Concept Australia other than the staff are polite I have only spoken to them on the odd occassion as I have had no real need to contact them.

The responsibility for gathering information etc is still mine and as I write out complicated forms quite alot I often wish I had just done the application myself as I would have remained in control.

However I have comissioned Concept Australia to complete the forms in question on my behalf as I do not posess their skills and experience in this area.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:02 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

WE are using the migration bureau they are expensive and we are frightend to phone them or email them for the same reasons Just sent our TRA off will keep in mind out your comments. Tracy
Now you've found this forum why not sack them after you get your TRA positive result and do the rest yourselves (obviously with the aide of everyone here). I've been told the skills assessment is the hardest part and it's all fairly plain sailing after that. But you have to go with what makes you feel comfortable. Good luck with the TRA.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Now you've found this forum why not sack them after you get your TRA positive result and do the rest yourselves (obviously with the aide of everyone here). I've been told the skills assessment is the hardest part and it's all fairly plain sailing after that. But you have to go with what makes you feel comfortable. Good luck with the TRA.
Thanks for being positive its good to hear this from other people, you may have a good point. WIll wait to see the out come of the TRA and goe from there Cheers Tracy
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for being positive its good to hear this from other people, you may have a good point. WIll wait to see the out come of the TRA and goe from there Cheers Tracy
We used Access Migration, they were excellent
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:30 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Just curious.....?

We are with Go Matilda (after a disasterous TRA experience with A N Other agent ). We figured the world, his wife and their dog couldn't all be wrong!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

willkerr is an unknown quantity at this point

We didn't use one at all. We did everything ourselves from skills assessment to application. Thankfully we didn't have to do TRA which sounds awful but for us the process was easy and relatively painless. Saved ourselves a few quid, if you are organised it is possible to do your own.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
We used the migration bureau but would not recomend them to my worse enemy, expensive, kept losing paperwork,charged us for asking questions about our application

I second that
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

We have used THINKING AUSTRALIA in association with G Mander in Oz and they are brilliant!!

The whole process has been REALLY quick and I particularly like the fact that you can phone them 24/7 and someone is always available to answer your queries.

As for our agent in Oz he answer emails within a couple of hours of receiving them even if it's early hours there.

I simply can't fault, worth every penny and would definately recommend and use again.

No, I don't work for them, just think exceptional service deserves exceptional praise!

Bill
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:28 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We used Go Matilda and, helped by front-loading, we got visa grant within 11 weeks of the application arriving in Adelaide. No problems at all and very fast so I recommend them of course. We did the skills assessment ourselves, BTW, as it is very easy through the ICAA.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

We used George Lombard, he worked quickly to get our application sent off before my B'day and saved us having to lodge the $100,000 bond. Always replied promptly to e-mails and done what he promised. Had a beer with him too when he came to London on his hol's.
Cheers George

Terry
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:49 am
Account Closed

anyone else???
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

Hi Rooksie,

Ref your comment

'Failed TRA 22/03/2005
Sacked Agent (useless)
Thoroughly cheesed off '

Could I ask who you used and why you sacked them please?

Thanks

Bill
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

we took the go-it-alone approach. Could'nt have managed it without this forum. Definitely the best source of information.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BillBart1
Hi Rooksie,

Ref your comment

'Failed TRA 22/03/2005
Sacked Agent (useless)
Thoroughly cheesed off '

Could I ask who you used and why you sacked them please?

Thanks

Bill

will send you a PM for fear of the powers above!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.