Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:04 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
No you're just another sheep heading for the slaughter.

Because I like AFL???? You've lost me.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:29 pm
PommieLeague

Why hasnt this thread been moved to 'The Lounge' like my RL one?

Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:31 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

LMAO, I knew that was coming.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:44 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

I think the A in the AFL gives it its credentials for being here.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:57 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by HUP
I think the A in the AFL gives it its credentials for being here.
Dont worry wont be here for long.

Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:00 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry wont be here for long.
Why you been off to tell teach . AFL is part of Aussie lifestyle and culture. God (Not converted, just blaspheming) knows it dominates the Victorian press and tele.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:02 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by HUP
Why you been off to tell teach . AFL is part of Aussie lifestyle and culture. God (Not converted, just blaspheming) knows it dominates the Victorian press and tele.
So is NRL or according to your non beliefs doesnt NRL exist either?

Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:05 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

So is NRL or according to your non beliefs doesnt NRL exist either?
Hush now or I'll tell everyone that you owned a rugby union shirt .

Last edited by HUP; Mar 27th 2005 at 2:07 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:10 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by HUP
Hush now or I'll tell everyone that you owned a rugby union shirt .
It was very handy for that oil change I did once.

Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:13 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

It was very handy for that oil change I did once.

We've heard about you ardent League boys with a hankering for something different. Wearing the other codes top, Rugby equivelant of cross dressing. Come on own up your a Rubgy Cross Dresser
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:24 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by HUP
We've heard about you ardent League boys with a hankering for something different. Wearing the other codes top, Rugby equivelant of cross dressing. Come on own up your a Rubgy Cross Dresser
My Media advisor tells me to say 'no comment'

Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:55 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaykay
Tried to get tickets but the only ones left were right behind the goalposts and I didn't want to sit there!!
Theres no need Jay, there were heaps of seats. Infact we could sit where we liked!!

Sorry not to reply to your text, but i ran out of credit. The game was possibly the most boring ever, we are so lacking in the simplest of things, errm, like passing?? (you had to feel sorry for bordy really)We are in for a crap few weeks for sure.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting the number of poms who seem to follow a non British origin sport like AFL ping pong?
I take it you are all well known with the rules (or lack of them)?
A bit like the rest of the world supporting Man U??

And for the record i hate soccer and rugby isn't my bag, but i choose not to slag it off religiously on here

If anyone is unaware of just how many rules there are to the so called "no rules" AFL that is branded about from anyone on here whoose never seen a game, check this out....

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=aboutthegame.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wmoore
Ooh that's harsh. But then I don't care because 'we' are current world champions
But its so true they think they are so good but when it counts they're toothless
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

But I follow a sport that been ridiculed so many times because 'its not fashionable' amongst the middle classes who control the media and hence, bingo! The masses see RL as stumbling block to the 'global development' on union.
I love rugby league full stop, no other sport comes anywhere near and you have the Broncos avatar?
Like I said earlier I'm a sports fan in general - u should of tried being a rugby league fan in London in before the Bronco's took over fulham and brought some creditabiliy to the team so dont question my love for rugby league - I'm just not blinkered and realise that other codes have their place in sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.