Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:17 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Not me, Go the Lions Was a great game, I've got corporate tickets to three games at the Gabba this season... can't wait to go!
If one of them is later in the season, don't forget who your friends are Michelle

Go Lions!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:20 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Oh yeah there are several sites that stream the radio commentary, it's just that the game kicked off at 9:45 UK time I thought I might be pushing my luck spending 2½ hours of my working day listening to it I'm hoping it's back on Sky next week. Delayed is better than not at all.
And just for your cheek, I sent you a big chunk of karma
Cheers Buddy...
That, "Beggar" comment cut me to the bone though....
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:26 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

If one of them is later in the season, don't forget who your friends are Michelle

Go Lions!

Sure, no worries

They all are later on. Think i've got Bombers, Geelong & The Pies to watch lose.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
Cheers Buddy...
That, "Beggar" comment cut me to the bone though....
Very sorry if I caused offence, I'm sure ...
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Sure, no worries

They all are later on. Think i've got Bombers, Geelong & The Pies to watch lose.
Cool, pencil me in for the Bombers then

It's one of my ambitions for this year to see a game at The Gabba (that means I will have my visa and will have moved already you see). I've got the Port game pencilled in already but if there's a freebie going ....
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:31 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Cool, pencil me in for the Bombers then

It's one of my ambitions for this year to see a game at The Gabba (that means I will have my visa and will have moved already you see). I've got the Port game pencilled in already but if there's a freebie going ....

Its well worth it - I saw the St Kilda game (last game at the Gabba last season) most recently, but am itching to go and see some more. Think Port were the first game I ever saw there, back in 2001!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:01 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone else sickened by the unsportmanly behaviour of Mal Michael against poor Nick Rewholdt last night??

I know its footy and its an extremely tough game (that why i love it) But to throw yourself against a bloke who's reeling around in agony after hurting a shoulder, not once but 3 times SHAMELESS! Bloody suspend them for as long as it takes poor Nick to recover from the suspected surgury he will be having. (and i don't even like st Kilda!!) In all the time i've watched i've never seen unsportsmanly behaviour!!

Bah, it bloody spoilt the first game for me i have to say.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
I
And I just don't get why a country that is basically a desert plays winter sports beginning at the end of summer. If that's not mad I don't know what is!
y?
?????

I don't get this quote at all Are you talking about the AFL and being played in Aus?? If so i take it you've not been to Victoria where the AFL started, no sign of kicking it around in the sand here More like the rain and sometimes fog
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by hevs
Is anyone else sickened by the unsportmanly behaviour of Mal Michael against poor Nick Rewholdt last night??

I know its footy and its an extremely tough game (that why i love it) But to throw yourself against a bloke who's reeling around in agony after hurting a shoulder, not once but 3 times SHAMELESS! Bloody suspend them for as long as it takes poor Nick to recover from the suspected surgury he will be having. (and i don't even like st Kilda!!) In all the time i've watched i've never seen unsportsmanly behaviour!!

Bah, it bloody spoilt the first game for me i have to say.
Read about that in the match report. Sounded well off. No doubt he'll be in front of the panel next week. And Chris Scott (minus teeth apparently). Probably won't get as long a lay-off as Riewoldt though.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Read about that in the match report. Sounded well off. No doubt he'll be in front of the panel next week. And Chris Scott (minus teeth apparently). Probably won't get as long a lay-off as Riewoldt though.
It just seemed so bad as the saints were coming back at them hard and they knew exactly where to hit them the hardest, take out their inspiration and main goal scorer. If thats the only way they thought they could win the game, shame on them!!

When they interviewed Mal the reason he gave was that "he was caught up in the moment" when asked if he realised he was hurt he said yes and said " i was just checking it out for him to see if it was still working" Bollocks. Nasty git.

Chris Scott said "we never wish injury or harm on another player" hmmm yeah right

The thing i guess which galls me is the fact that, as players, these guys know the long term effects of an injury like that, its not just the coming 6 to 8 weeks but possibly the lifetime of this brilliant young player. Were they jelous or something of all the praise that Nicks been getting Nasty nasty men
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:28 pm
What's happening dudes?

I see both coaches are very tight-lipped about it too. Mathews has obviously been to the Arsene Wenger school of "I didn't see it guv"
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:34 pm
High in the Dandenongs

I see both coaches are very tight-lipped about it too. Mathews has obviously been to the Arsene Wenger school of "I didn't see it guv"
I'm sure channel 9 could supply him with plenty of tapes Do you think thats his real name, or just a name made for ridicule)
Old Mar 24th 2005, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

I missed the scores what happened?????????
Old Mar 24th 2005, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

with the amount of things Arsene Wenger doesnt see during games its a wonder he hasnt been registered as partilaly blind
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:48 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's my first AFL tipping win for the weekend (winning margin too - woohoo!!) heres to getting the rest of 'em right!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.