Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on Skilled Migration

Advice on Skilled Migration

Old Mar 5th 2002, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Skilled Migration

I Applied via a Registered Migration Agent ( Skilled Migration) i was originally going the Sponsored route but decided against it as my Wifes Aunt is a Pensioner, I was told another way to go was to Invest $100,000 in the local state i was going to, which i would recieve back within a year with interest. I s this the Norm as i have not heard anyone else mention this. Please Advise
Old Mar 5th 2002, 9:05 pm
Pete

Default Re: Advice on Skilled Migration

I originally started being sponsored by my Aunt (who was 75) and then she carked it.
No luck. Do you really need the extra points? I don't think having more than the
required makes any difference. Once your application is lodged that is.

Pete

Old Mar 6th 2002, 10:35 am
George Lombard

Hi Hibee,

Sorry, but if you're using an agent shouldn't they have explained the 5 bonus points
for the statutory investment?

cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au hibee wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
    >I Applied via a Registered Migration Agent ( Skilled Migration) i was originally
    >going the Sponsored route but decided against it as my Wifes Aunt is a Pensioner, I
    >was told another way to go was to Invest $100,000 in the local state i was going to,
    >which i would recieve back within a year with interest. I s this the Norm as i have
    >not heard anyone else mention this. Please Advise
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 6th 2002, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply, Yes it was mentioned originally, but it's been 15months since my application went in and i think i,m losing my marbles. I just wanted to confirm as i have not heard of anyone else using this format. I am fed up calling my Agent for an update as i obviuosly get the same reply. I have just recently found this site so i am curious to find out any info i can . Thanks Again.