Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on Shipping Companies

Advice on Shipping Companies

Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advice on Shipping Companies

Originally Posted by Maggiemoo
Hi there,

We have had 3 quotes from PSS/Anglo Pacific/John Masons. All are roughly the same, all reps were pleasant so we are now in a dilemma as to which one to use.

Does anyone have any comments to make about their experiences, good or bad, with any of these companies. I have read back through the many threads on this but just getting more confused so am looking for recent experiences.

Thanks for your help.
Hi, Suggest you look at my othe rposts abiut John Mason...we cannot say anything good about them...yes. they seeme dOk and everything went well except in Oz we had a ton of stuff missing from new re-charge batteries to a laptop!

It seems that a full container is safe..sealed at your doorstep...but pert container - groupage is dodgy...guess which we had!

You will get good and bad reports on all shippers depending on the individual resuts.....

To us John Mason are on a par with Fagin and his gand of T leafs!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:18 am
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

I had a bike pump and chain go missing - i am unsure where it got stolen from since they were on the bikes when they were packed. Was it customs/quarentine when they checked the bikes or pickfords....guess we will never know.

I think whichever company you go with, there will always be someone working for them that has light fingers!! Its pot luck.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

We used JM, they came and packed us up on jan 19th we were told our shared container would be loaded on ship on 23 jan...the guys who came to pack were great very professional and fast used loads of packaging...the office people well they dont seem to care where your stuff is once they have your money!!! we contacted them on march 3 to update aussie details and ask nicely when we could expect our stuff? only to be told that it was still in uk :curse: we had little contact with them since and no tracking number..then we got an email from wridgways to say ship coming in expected date etc etc..must say wridgways have been great kept us up to date and we now have an expected delivery date but do check that all payments are included as we did have to pay wridgways for AQIS and CUSTOMS clearance, which we had told JM we wanted included in the total price...Now we are just waiting for delivery in 8 days time!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS last year UK to Perth - absolutely brilliant from start to finish. They use Kent Romovals at the other end and they were very professional as well. I have recommended them to others and they have also been really pleased with the service and the fact that their good arrived safe and sound.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:56 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsvk
We used JM, they came and packed us up on jan 19th we were told our shared container would be loaded on ship on 23 jan...the guys who came to pack were great very professional and fast used loads of packaging...the office people well they dont seem to care where your stuff is once they have your money!!! we contacted them on march 3 to update aussie details and ask nicely when we could expect our stuff? only to be told that it was still in uk :curse: we had little contact with them since and no tracking number..then we got an email from wridgways to say ship coming in expected date etc etc..must say wridgways have been great kept us up to date and we now have an expected delivery date but do check that all payments are included as we did have to pay wridgways for AQIS and CUSTOMS clearance, which we had told JM we wanted included in the total price...Now we are just waiting for delivery in 8 days time!!!!
NO company in Australia can predict what Aqis will charge so it is impossible to add to initial charges........mm
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

GoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really niceGoldCoastOrBust is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
We used PSS last year UK to Perth - absolutely brilliant from start to finish. They use Kent Romovals at the other end and they were very professional as well. I have recommended them to others and they have also been really pleased with the service and the fact that their good arrived safe and sound.
In 2004 used PSS and Kent at the other end. They were faultless, although on the way back the Kent packers weren't very communicative, but they did the job pretty quickly and without issue.

Planning on using them again.

Last edited by GoldCoastOrBust; Apr 26th 2009 at 4:57 pm. Reason: Spelling error
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mr mover
NO company in Australia can predict what Aqis will charge so it is impossible to add to initial charges........mm

Thanks for that Mr Mover,
Why didnt they say that!!! sometimes these companies can drive you :curse:
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all

We used PSS. They were brilliant from start to finish. They used OSS at this end for the delivery. Nothing broken, arrived when they said it would, came and got the boxes the next day, nice people to deal with. Would definitely use again.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. We used PSS from Wirral to Helensvale. Great service, very straightforward. What impressed me most was that they didn't give it the hard sell and pester the life out of me like Crown did. It was a year between the quote and the removal date and I got really fed up with the Crown woman phoning all the time. In the end I told her the move was off just to get her off my back.

With PSS I just phoned them for them to update the quote and they organised the lot. Easy as!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future

Hi,

Please look at my post higher up about Johnmason, whenyou get your gear deivered...can you post back here on teh reults please.

We used JM on groupage, ie they took all our gear packed in boxes onto their van to be loaded ina coantainer..eventually. We had a lot of things missing.
Would like to know if we are the exeption or the norm!!!

If you are shy , woul dPM or email me.

TIA
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jsvk
Thanks for that Mr Mover,
Why didnt they say that!!! sometimes these companies can drive you :curse:
I think some shippers, - Crown being one, pay your Aquis/customs bills...but make an upfront charge on you quote. This is often why people shy away from Crown as being more expensive. they did not read the quote correctly.

Some will advise that customs charges are circa $180 per 30 minutes or similar.

The real problem is actaully comparing quotes in detail instead of skimming to the bottom line. That an dthe fact that by the time you are sorting out a shipper... chaos rules your life, most of you gear is sold or already part pre-packed, flights are likely to be booked and...and .... so its easy to accept at face value what written on teh bottom line...and anyway. most o fteh fine detail is outside thinking scope!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:13 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mi5agent
Hi,

Please look at my post higher up about Johnmason, whenyou get your gear deivered...can you post back here on teh reults please.

We used JM on groupage, ie they took all our gear packed in boxes onto their van to be loaded ina coantainer..eventually. We had a lot of things missing.

TIA
I find your posts, very hard to understand.............mm
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

I find your posts, very hard to understand.............mm
Sorry, perhaps I shoud be a little more simplistic....but if you explain what you cannot understand..I will - hopefully explainin simple terms for you....
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mi5agent
Hi,

TIA
When i get WHAT gear delivered???? you have miss read my post I live in Adelaide and have been associated with the removal industry for 30 years....mm
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

When i get WHAT gear delivered???? you have miss read my post I live in Adelaide and have been associated with the removal industry for 30 years....mm
ooops.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.