Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

An Advice for the lifetime

An Advice for the lifetime

Old May 26th 2010, 9:27 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An Advice for the lifetime

Originally Posted by mohogony
Only in Sydney and Melbourne would air pollution be equal to the USA. Tasmania Actually has the cleasest. least polluted air anywhere in the world. Outsdie the large cities most of OZ probably has some of the least polluted air in the world.
Agreed - the quality of the air is one of the good things here.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Mamoo will become famous soon enoughMamoo will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: An Advice for the lifetime

Originally Posted by mohogony
Only in Sydney and Melbourne would air pollution be equal to the USA. Tasmania Actually has the cleasest. least polluted air anywhere in the world. Outsdie the large cities most of OZ probably has some of the least polluted air in the world.
how about jobs in Tassy
Old May 26th 2010, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vineet,
Which part of India are you in now/where is the job offer from?

Why not save up some money in India and then give Melbourne another go in a couple of years time - your visa is valid for 5 years?

I love living in Melbourne, but to be honest I wouldn't live here if I was struggling to make ends meet. If that was the case then I'd rather live in Bangalore, quality of air notwithstanding

Last edited by IndieG; May 26th 2010 at 10:21 am.
Old May 26th 2010, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

vineetbahl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IndieG
Hi Vineet,
Which part of India are you in now/where is the job offer from?

Why not save up some money in India and then give Melbourne another go in a couple of years time - your visa is valid for 5 years?

I love living in Melbourne, but to be honest I wouldn't live here if I was struggling to make ends meet. If that was the case then I'd rather live in Bangalore, quality of air notwithstanding
Hi IndieG,

I am in Hyderabad, which is not my native city so I am away from home anyway. Also I would like to make it clear that its the position that I currently hold not a Job offer.

Yes you are right my Visa is valid till May 2014. However, I need to complete two years in Australia by then in order to apply for RRV(Resident Return Visa).

Somebody asked me why did I apply for visa to this I would say when I applied for VISA then I use to earn one third what I earn today also given the fact that I may have to give up few luxuries of life by moving to melbourne if that provides better quality of life like
No Electricity/Water problems.
No need to run for petty things.
And most importantly working 9 to 5 and not 7 AM to 11 PM likes in India with practically no family life.

In my brief stint in Australia I had learned no body slogs there for 12-14 hours which kind of norm in my office. It is these soft features that lure me. But again in India I can work 14 hours because I have people to manage everything else in my personal life like cooking, washing, Ironing etc.

Its bacially I am trying to weigh which country I can call myself a successfull man within few years.

Regards,
Vineet Bahl

Hope I have made my point clear.
Regards,
Vineet Bahl
Old May 26th 2010, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Vineet,

I think you should give Australia a go, especially when you describe yourself as "ambitious". Young, single, no strings attached, what have you got to lose? Come for at least a couple of years and see how it turns out. As long as you are capable of looking after yourself, keep an open mind, and think positive, you can do well. The fact that your former employer and other companies are offering your better pay only goes to show that you've got the experience and are worth their money. Even if you can't get the job you are aiming for at the beginning, after getting some local experience from whatever job(s) you can find, you will eventually get there.

Or like IndieG says, work a couple of years more in India, save up and settle in Australia later with a bit more money for safety net.

Good luck on making your decision.

Mrs JTL
Old May 26th 2010, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vineetbahl
Yes you are right my Visa is valid till May 2014. However, I need to complete two years in Australia by then in order to apply for RRV(Resident Return Visa).
But you don't need a RRV unless/until you want to leave Australia and then return. And if you have established a life in Australia in less than two years, you would get a RRV on concessional grounds, also if you don't qualify but still need to leave for compassionate reasons like family illness, you would probably get a 3 month RRV. So you are unlikely to NEED to move by May 2012.

From what you say, I would stay in India for now and then either review the situation in a couple of years or try and find a job in Australia from India (although I appreciate that that is even more difficult than finding one whilst in the country, but time is on your side and if you have this new job on your CV it may make getting a better job in Australia more easy).