Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on car shipping

Advice on car shipping

Old Jun 15th 2017, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default Advice on car shipping

Anyone shipped a carfrom Oz to the Uk?
Was there any issues with emissions etc?
Also looking for quotes to ship cats, any recommendations? x
Old Jun 15th 2017, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice on car shipping

Anyone ?
Old Jun 16th 2017, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We did. It really depends on the car as it is not cheap to do. For most family saloons not really worth it. We brought my OHs Audi TT convertible he had from new as he loved it and they are very expensive here. Was marginally worth it financially but we enjoy more top down time here!

Cars take longer to ship and clear this end so you will need another car whilst you wait too. We knew we needed another car and we got a great deal on a new VW before we came and picked it up a couple of days after we landed.

We used Iron Lady Imports to help sort everything as it is a bit involved. You can put a car in a container with your stuff but pros and cons with this, we decided to ship car separately as worked out cheaper and we could send it ahead of time.

With animals all I know is start the process early!
Old Jun 20th 2017, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much for all the info xx
Old Jun 24th 2017, 6:12 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

I did it about 3 years ago, details in this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...va-etc-834829/ .

Biggest problem I had was actually when I came to sell it when I returned to Australia.....dealers and buyers were very sceptical of a car from Australia despite it being a full Euro spec Audi with full history. Would probably do it again only if the car was something special, or in my case was reasonably new so trying to selling here in a hurry I was going to take a big hit on the first 18 months depreciation.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

I had a colleague who shipped his car from Australia to UK and the paintwork was damaged from where they secure it in transport.Personally I would consider the cost and possible damage if it was me.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys. think we will just sell them. save the hassles