Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide or Perth

Adelaide or Perth

Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide or Perth

You won't go wrong in Halls Head - this is where the majority of Perth people move to so that would probably explain why it's further ahead than other Mandurah suburbs in terms of size, good shopping facilities, good primary schools and developments going up all the time. The two Halls Head shopping areas are being re-developed too over the next few years and the plan is for Halls Head to become a "town" in its own right. If you're local you may have noticed the old Castle Fun Park site has been empty for some time and the Garden Centre has moved out. That's because there's a new development due to be built there over the next couple of years with residential lots and apartments overlooking the canals, I would imagine that will attract a lot of interest. Meadow Springs and the new Lakelands areas are great too, but newer and not so many facilities so will be awhile before they catch up with Halls Head. Although we now live on acreage (our dream), I must admit I do miss Halls Head and being so close to everything, within walking distance to the shops, schools and beach.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I'm with Mr Mover ....rods in boat and boat in gulf...5 minutes away ...I have lived in Adelaide and Perth....Adelaide wins
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mr mover
I see your point Julie , but i can I say thats what most Adelaide people like , i can jump in my Ute chuck the rods in the back , and within an hour be at some of the best fishing spots in Australia.
You have obviously based your good times on theme parks , Disney land etc , let your kids feel reality , live life not Corporation............ mm
We do the beach, fishing off the jetty, walks through our local nature reserve etc, but what I am saying is, that sometimes we would like to do something more exciting. I am not saying every weekend, but it would be nice to pick and choose, what's wrong with that? We have experienced Disneyland etc and do appreciate that that is a holiday, but when we were in blighty as boring as I found that at least we had Alton Towers, Drayton Manor or even our local West Midlands Safari park.
We may have only gone once or twice a year but that was enough, and before you say what did you come here for? then I would say for the lifestyle, which even though a little stagnant at times is much better than the UK.

Julie
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:36 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunnyj
We do the beach, fishing off the jetty, walks through our local nature reserve etc, but what I am saying is, that sometimes we would like to do something more exciting.
Try the warbirds down at Goolwa - you'll never fear a rollercoaster again in your life. You go in one plane, hubby in the other and you play dogfights over the Coorong. Tip: have a light breakfast that day
If you need more fun, try the hel-a-va 'jetboat' ride at Glenelg. Supposed to be the best boat in the world.
There are real go-carts down at Pt. Elliot that are great fun, much more of an adrenaline fix than a 99.99% safe theme park ride.