Adelaide

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:26 am
Just Joined

0125dannydanny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide

I'm thinking of taking a look at Adelaide as my future new home. I would be applying for a Visa under the skills in demand ( I work as a Chef) I've never been to Oz before but not really sure where to go! I have heard Adelaide is cheaper to live than other cities (?) I would need to afford the rents and bills of course, and I dont want to live in the heart of any city but near the beach LOL.

I'd love any advice or help.

Dan
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:20 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Adelaide

hello Dan,

There are quite a few folks on here, who are settled in Adelaide. Till you start getting replies you may also want to have a look at adelaide-brits.com.

GL
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

pomsinadelaide is also another great forum.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 0125dannydanny
I'm thinking of taking a look at Adelaide as my future new home. I would be applying for a Visa under the skills in demand ( I work as a Chef) I've never been to Oz before but not really sure where to go! I have heard Adelaide is cheaper to live than other cities (?) I would need to afford the rents and bills of course, and I dont want to live in the heart of any city but near the beach LOL.

I'd love any advice or help.

Dan
Hi Dan

Have you taken a look at the property websites? give you an idea of rents: there's www.domain.com.au and www.realestate.com.au

All the (main) beaches are down to the South/West of Adelaide. Adelaide city itself is pretty central and it's said you can get anywhere within 20 minutes - although places like Seaford are more like 40 minutes

Also take a look on www.seek.com.au for chef jobs.

If there's anything specific you want to know just ask and we'll try to answer for you