Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Addictive isn't it ?

Addictive isn't it ?

Old Jun 6th 2004, 9:55 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Er, there might be some confusion here. You don't need cable for broadband, you can get it using ADSL over ordinary telephone lines, can't you? (Maybe I'm wrong; wouldn't surprise me, this is hardware and I'm a software person!)
Yes, that's what I thought.
But here in Holland, some parts(the country parts) can't get ADSL, even though they do have a normal telephone line....
Old Jun 6th 2004, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Simone
Yes, that's what I thought.
But here in Holland, some parts(the country parts) can't get ADSL, even though they do have a normal telephone line....
We, in beautiful sunny Devon, have only just got broadband and only thru' telephone lines. It took a lot of campaigning in the town to get it so I think it's up to BT here to sort it.

Lindsey
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:18 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Er, there might be some confusion here. You don't need cable for broadband, you can get it using ADSL over ordinary telephone lines, can't you? (Maybe I'm wrong; wouldn't surprise me, this is hardware and I'm a software person!)
Dunno about Australia, but here in the US you need to be within 17500 feet of a DSLAM.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 2:42 pm
mickj

You are a software person, and don't know hardware, what happens if during installation of a program, something goes belly-up and you have to configure the hardware?

I have never been a fan of ADSL, even when i was back in blighty, i had a USB cable modem that fits into your pocket, that i used to connect to broadband from cable and wireless ( now known as NTL ).

Sounds like OZ is light years behind.

Old Jun 6th 2004, 3:22 pm
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Addictive isn't it ?

Got to agree with you there BIX

This is the 4th time today that I have been on, my hubby has also been on once already, we have just been fighting over the computer and guess what the boss won..... me.....

The trouble is you go on for just a quick glimpse and end up searching through everything, I don't seem to have enough hours in the day.

God help me when we move over if I can't get connected up straight away, ming you, hubby is taking the laptop with us so hopefully I can let you all know how we are going on in Tasmania.

Since I have been on this site I have made a lot of contacts with people who are moving over there or are already there, so maybe when I land there in 7 weeks I can perhaps set up something for the others that are moving over there. I am hopefully going to try and put something together for people. My husband has already started a website for Tasmania, keep your eyes posted on this site tonight hopefully I will be able to give you the site addresses.

Cheers for now, be back soon

Christine and family
Old Jun 6th 2004, 3:51 pm
mickj

That's it....am pulling the plugs on all you lot's puters ! Isn't there dinner to be made, school uniforms to be ironed, dishes to be washed, house to be cleaned for the showing to buyers, ASDA and TESCO runs
Attached Files
File Type: rar
billtux.rar (469.7 KB, 80 views)

Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I am definately not an addict
Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:26 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mickj
You are a software person, and don't know hardware, what happens if during installation of a program, something goes belly-up and you have to configure the hardware?
First, that was a joke, a reference if you like to one variation of the light bulb joke: "How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb? None, it's a hardware problem."

Secondly, in the situation you describe, I would go and find a hardware colleague. That's what they're there for. I don't even know what you mean by "configure the hardware"!
Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
I am definately not an addict
You just won first prize Larissa.

Understatement of the year award
Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:36 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Christine,
I sympathise with your hubby.

I have just a few minutes ago finished decorating my third room and what does da Boss say ?

Don't forget you have the landing to do dear - you haven't got time for Expats !!

Bloody woman won't give me 2 minutes peace or rest - bye for now got a landing to paint
Old Jun 6th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Now you know he's telling BIG fibs!

Just see how many posts he's made in the last few days!

Not to mention the time he spends reading everybody elses!!

(Oh good he's got the paint brush out again)

da boss
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:33 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by mickj
That's it....am pulling the plugs on all you lot's puters ! Isn't there dinner to be made, school uniforms to be ironed, dishes to be washed, house to be cleaned for the showing to buyers, ASDA and TESCO runs
B*gger that! Am sitting here with a large glass of strong cider trying to gird myself up for the week ahead....

Anya.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:35 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bix da Boss
Now you know he's telling BIG fibs!

Just see how many posts he's made in the last few days!

Not to mention the time he spends reading everybody elses!!

da boss
That's right, Ma'am - you put the Miss Whiplash gear on - & TELL him!

Anya.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:56 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Bix da Boss

da boss
Funny that, I've just had the old paint brush out myself. (Oo-err missus.) And that's without anyone putting on the Miss Whiplash gear!
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:02 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Funny that, I've just had the old paint brush out myself. (Oo-err missus.) And that's without anyone putting on the Miss Whiplash gear!
Can be arranged, m'dear... especially if you don't get off this forum & pick up that paintbrush again....

Anya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.