Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ACS Approval with NO Degree

ACS Approval with NO Degree

Old Dec 5th 2001, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

glenn_somers is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone here either themselves or heard of someone receiving positive assessment from the ACS for someone who doesn't have a degree. I never went to university but do have the relevent 4 years experience and also completed a distance learning ICT course 4 years ago. In addition to this I have the two Cisco certifications (CCNA & CCNP) plus Microsoft's MCSE accreditation. The ACS rules and regulations seem very bent on people needing a degree.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers
Old Dec 5th 2001, 10:58 pm
Barbara De Rosa

Yes, go for it - judging by your qualifications I would say you would recieve a
favourable assessment without a degree.

I have no degree but similar qualifications as you and I was given a 60pt assessment.

Good Luck

Barbara

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 5th 2001, 11:11 pm
Jamie Corr

I applied with an MCSE, a CNE and references covering the last 5 years (4 required),
and got an approval letter in about a month. The treat an MCSE or a CNE with 4 years
experience as a degree/diploma equivalent. Make sure that you include either your
Microsoft transcripts or copies of your exam pass sheets, other wise they will write
asking for them.

Cheers

Jamie

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 5th 2001, 11:56 pm
Singnet

Hi Glenn,

I got an approval from ACS without a degree. I am a travel Agency manager and the
only cert. I have is related to the travel business. Soon after I got the request for
me to do the medical and police clearance. Now waiting for the immigration's reply.
You seem to have a few good Qualification. You should have no problems.

Adrian

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Coca Cola

Hi Adrian,

I have applied in June this year in Singapore. Till now there is still no news
from them.

Kindly tell me your time frame of your application.

Thanks

Michelle

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
You
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Has anyone here either themselves or heard of someone receiving positive[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > assessment from the ACS for someone who doesn't have a degree. I never went to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > university but do have the relevent 4 years experience and also completed a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > distance learning ICT course 4 years ago. In addition to this I have the two[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Cisco certifications (CCNA & CCNP) plus Microsoft's MCSE accreditation. The ACS[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > rules and regulations seem very bent on people needing a degree.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Any help would be very appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Glenn[/usenetquote2]

Marc Lee

Hi Adrian, I believe you are from Singapore and lodged the application from Singapore
as well. May I know how long is the entire process. Similar case I you, no IT degree
but has been working in IT for 10 yrs. Thanks, marc

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
You
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Has anyone here either themselves or heard of someone receiving positive[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > assessment from the ACS for someone who doesn't have a degree. I never went to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > university but do have the relevent 4 years experience and also completed a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > distance learning ICT course 4 years ago. In addition to this I have the two[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Cisco certifications (CCNA & CCNP) plus Microsoft's MCSE accreditation. The ACS[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > rules and regulations seem very bent on people needing a degree.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Any help would be very appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Glenn[/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 6th 2001, 10:20 am
George Lombard

Hi Glenn,

Jamie is right, your MCSE will be treated as the equivalent of a diploma. You do need
detailed references which prove your four years professional experience, but you do
not need to do the full RPL process.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au glenn_somers
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 7th 2001, 12:18 pm
Annika

George, May I just ask why he doesn't have to do the full RPL process?

"George Lombard" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> >Has anyone here either themselves or heard of someone receiving positive[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >assessment from the ACS for someone who doesn't have a degree. I never went to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >university but do have the relevent 4 years experience and also completed a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >distance learning ICT course 4 years ago. In addition to this I have the two Cisco[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >certifications (CCNA & CCNP) plus Microsoft's MCSE accreditation. The ACS rules[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >and regulations seem very bent on people needing a degree.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Any help would be very appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Glenn[/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 7th 2001, 9:00 pm
George Lombard

Hi Annika,

There are a few professional certifications such as CLP, MCSE, MCSD which have been
approved by the Australian Computer Society as equal to an Australian diploma.

Cheers

George Lombard

Annika
[usenetquote2]>> >Has anyone here either themselves or heard of someone receiving positive[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >assessment from the ACS for someone who doesn't have a degree. I never went to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >university but do have the relevent 4 years experience and also completed a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >distance learning ICT course 4 years ago. In addition to this I have the two[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >Cisco certifications (CCNA & CCNP) plus Microsoft's MCSE accreditation. The ACS[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >rules and regulations seem very bent on people needing a degree.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >Any help would be very appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >Cheers[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >Glenn[/usenetquote2]

>

Old Dec 10th 2001, 4:17 am
Adrian