Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Acknowledgement Recieved!!!!!

Acknowledgement Recieved!!!!!

Old Sep 17th 2004, 11:30 am
Cheeky

Talking Acknowledgement Recieved!!!!!

Hi People

Yep its here........... my aknowledgement!!!!!!!!
Im shaking like a leaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We submitted our application mid Aug 2004 so I think thats pretty quick.

We have DIYed the whole thing so there are 3 things they want more info on.

My kids are on my passport but they are not happy with that they have to have their own. Durrrrr!! Should have known that!! We thought it would be ok as my kids are only 11 and 8 yrs old.

They want FULL birth certificates for myself and my mum to prove the link to my sponsor. Shouldnt be a prob.

They want a recent ref for hubbys work, again shouldnt be a prob.

Have to go for meds also and include those. (wish we had got them done before need to book these asap)

The timeframe for response is 18 th Nov 2004 so we are going to have to get a move on.
It also says (in big bold print) ' fast track processing can be achieved by returning all the requested documentation with the enclosed returnable coversheet at the same time and by the response date.' WHA HOO!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!
Ive rung hubby at work hes doing cartwheels!!!!!!!
I could have snogged the postman Im that happy!!!!!!!
Right now Im off going to PO for passport forms for kids and picking my mum up to go to Registry Office to get FULL birth certifcates.
Or should I ring for my meds???!!!!
Right folks I gotta go, but thanks to everyone on this forum you have been a constant source of information. Thankyou.
If anyone else wants to know anything else post or PM I dont mind I will help you.
Oh yeah we are applying for Subclass 138 Skilled Australian Sponsored (could have sworn we put 139 on form though ) I will let you all know how it goes, best of luck to you all,

Cheers, Cheeky

Old Sep 17th 2004, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: Acknowledgement Recieved!!!!!

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi People

My kids are on my passport but they are not happy with that they have to have their own. Durrrrr!! Should have known that!! We thought it would be ok as my kids are only 11 and 8 yrs old.

They want FULL birth certificates for myself and my mum to prove the link to my sponsor. Shouldnt be a prob.

Have to go for meds also and include those. (wish we had got them done before need to book these asap)

The timeframe for response is 18 th Nov 2004 so we are going to have to get a move on.
It also says (in big bold print) ' fast track processing can be achieved by returning all the requested documentation with the enclosed returnable coversheet at the same time and by the response date.' WHA HOO!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!
Right now Im off going to PO for passport forms for kids and picking my mum up to go to Registry Office to get FULL birth certifcates.
Right folks I gotta go, but thanks to everyone on this forum you have been a constant source of information. Thankyou.
If anyone else wants to know anything else post or PM I dont mind I will help you.
Oh yeah we are applying for Subclass 138 Skilled Australian Sponsored (could have sworn we put 139 on form though ) I will let you all know how it goes, best of luck to you all,

Cheers, Cheeky
Congrats cheeky, fast turnaround, your head will be buzzing. Enjoy one or two tonight! Logan
Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:40 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cheeky

Well done!!!!

I know how yo feel. We got our confirmation on Wednesday , so got on the phone to book meds stratight away. We are scheduled to go for Meds on 12th of October....Already got the forms for the police checks....so hope to get all sent of by 3rd week of October. I phoned around and found that Nottingham was the cheapest, £435 for the 3 off us.

By the way are you going to Emigrate 2004 at Sandown? We are going on Friday 8th with Gravyman and Sarsa. Hope to see you there.

Anyway, well done again, almost there!!!!

Gary.

Hi People

OMG!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Cheeky
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:18 pm
Cheeky

Originally Posted by logan
Congrats cheeky, fast turnaround, your head will be buzzing. Enjoy one or two tonight! Logan

Thanks Logan for the congrats and yes my head is buzzing!!!!!!!

We now have permanent grins which will have to be surgically removed!!
We are going out 2nite for a few so if i come on here later I apologise for slurring my words!!!
Cheers,
Cheeky

Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:35 pm
Cheeky

Originally Posted by gsb
Hi Cheeky

Well done!!!!

I know how yo feel. We got our confirmation on Wednesday , so got on the phone to book meds stratight away. We are scheduled to go for Meds on 12th of October....Already got the forms for the police checks....so hope to get all sent of by 3rd week of October. I phoned around and found that Nottingham was the cheapest, £435 for the 3 off us.

By the way are you going to Emigrate 2004 at Sandown? We are going on Friday 8th with Gravyman and Sarsa. Hope to see you there.

Anyway, well done again, almost there!!!!

Gary.
Hi Gary

Well done mate for gettin your confirmation!!!!!!
Think we must be neck 'n' neck in the visa race!!!!
Ive been out running round like an idiot!! Ive got my full birth certifcate from registry and my mum has had to ring up for hers, thats in the post as we speak. Got forms for kids own passports Ill send them off tomorrow (takes 2 weeks if you pay for priority). My hubby has been in touch with his boss for uptodate ref.
Phew!!!!!!
Im having trouble downloading list of doctors, help cos puter keeps crashing. Yes Ive downloaded latest version of acrobat but its still not having any of it!!!!!! Please could you email or PM me the list. I am going to try again in a minute.

We have also recieved the med and xray forms with the confirmation/acknowledgement, so dont need to worry about getting them.

Good luck with your meds on 12 Oct, keep us posted how it goes. £435 for meds sounds like a good price, good on ya!!
We already front loaded police checks so one less thing to worry about.
I think thats everything, Ill try and download doctors list again. It better do it I want to ring today otherwise its gonna be Monday!!

Cya in a bit,
Cheeky

Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:06 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

I found a link, sent you a PM.

Best of luck. Gary

Hi Gary

Well done mate for gettin your confirmation!!!!!!
Think we must be neck 'n' neck in the visa race!!!!
Ive been out running round like an idiot!! Ive got my full birth certifcate from registry and my mum has had to ring up for hers, thats in the post as we speak. Got forms for kids own passports Ill send them off tomorrow (takes 2 weeks if you pay for priority). My hubby has been in touch with his boss for uptodate ref.
Phew!!!!!!
Im having trouble downloading list of doctors, help cos puter keeps crashing. Yes Ive downloaded latest version of acrobat but its still not having any of it!!!!!! Please could you email or PM me the list. I am going to try again in a minute.

We have also recieved the med and xray forms with the confirmation/acknowledgement, so dont need to worry about getting them.

Good luck with your meds on 12 Oct, keep us posted how it goes. £435 for meds sounds like a good price, good on ya!!
We already front loaded police checks so one less thing to worry about.
I think thats everything, Ill try and download doctors list again. It better do it I want to ring today otherwise its gonna be Monday!!

Cya in a bit,
Cheeky
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:18 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, Cheeky [/QUOTE]

Wow Cheeky,

That was quick, congratulations!
No wonder your head is buzzing, I bet you don`t know what to do next

What a great feeling, hope all goes well and you get your visas quickly!

When did you submit your application Cheeky?
Just wondering as you said mid Aug, we sent our application off on the 23rd of Aug and they charged our card on the 30th!
I know I shouldn`t be, but I feel so inpatient!

Thanks Deb

For all the pre July guys out there, hope you all hear something soon!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:20 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi People

Cheers, Cheeky
Hiya
Great news, yup get a move on. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you travelled with the children on your passports? We have been unidated with passport forms at school as parents have been told to take their children off their passports. This has been going on for about 6 months so we all thought that perhaps the rules had changed. Also unless the school your children attend have a policy on not doing passports, take them there to be signed. They will do them for free, doctors etc charge between £15 and £20. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:10 pm
Cheeky

Originally Posted by deba34

Cheers, Cheeky

Wow Cheeky,

That was quick, congratulations!
No wonder your head is buzzing, I bet you don`t know what to do next

What a great feeling, hope all goes well and you get your visas quickly!

When did you submit your application Cheeky?
Just wondering as you said mid Aug, we sent our application off on the 23rd of Aug and they charged our card on the 30th!
I know I shouldn`t be, but I feel so inpatient!

Thanks Deb

For all the pre July guys out there, hope you all hear something soon![/QUOTE]

Yo Deb34,

You will have to excuse me (hiccup!!) had a few now so do my best to reply sensibly!!!!

Here goes!! What we did was send all the application to my aunty in Oz (who is our sponsor) on the 5th Aug. She then filled in her forms and then sent it onto Adelaide. Our visa was charged on the 16th Aug. So from then on its took 1 calender month!! Brill!!

Deb if I was you girl get the beer in!!!!!!!! Im sorry Im just soooooo made up!!!!

I cant tell you how impatient Ive been!!! Unbloodybelievable!!!!!!! I think Im just pleased we have taken another step 4ward. Best of luck with yours and keep us posted!!!!!

Also 'hear, hear' for the pre july apps best of luck also to u guys, you lot have kept me going.

Best regards, from a very sober (not!) Cheeky

PS I can def recommend Cheeky Vimtos, mmmmmmm...........nice!!!!!!!

Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:22 pm
Cheeky

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya
Great news, yup get a move on. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you travelled with the children on your passports? We have been unidated with passport forms at school as parents have been told to take their children off their passports. This has been going on for about 6 months so we all thought that perhaps the rules had changed. Also unless the school your children attend have a policy on not doing passports, take them there to be signed. They will do them for free, doctors etc charge between £15 and £20. Good luck.
Sarah

Hiya Sarah,

We travelled to France in June 2004. The kids are on my passport. No probs during that trip. I havent recieved anything from school concerning childrens passports either. As mine is a 10 year one its not something I considered. Just making excuses though for being thick!!!!!! I should have realised cos on the app form it states 'for each applicant they want the passport no.' Never mind soon get it sorted!!! Thanks for the advice concerning signing the passports though I will do that.

Dare I ask....where are you up to in the scheme of things???

Thanks Cheeky (Hiccup) pardon me!!!!!