Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Above ground pools moving to qld

Above ground pools moving to qld

Old Jun 26th 2010, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Default Above ground pools moving to qld

Dh looks like his job will be based in southport gold coast. Bn looking at rentals around Coowara. Lots dont have pools, is it ok to put an above ground pool in a rental ?? What is the cost?? Are they any good?? We r on a 457 so will always rent, can they be transferred from properties???
Thanks in advance

getting very excited about move aiming for October.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:39 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Above ground pools moving to qld

They will kill the grass underneath them, so you would need to re-turf that area when you move it.

Pool fencing is another consideration.

I feel you would need to get permission from the landlord. They may also become liable for any problems with pool fencing... It may not be straight forward.

Old Jun 26th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

And aren't there restrictions on using water to fill pools?

Not sure where you mean by Coowara - no such place near Southport so far as I know.

Last edited by lesleys; Jun 26th 2010 at 10:02 am.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
And aren't there restrictions on using water to fill pools?

Not sure where you mean by Coowara - no such place near Southport so far as I know.
Coomera or Carrara? What would you do with the water when you want to move it?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heldownunder
Dh looks like his job will be based in southport gold coast. Bn looking at rentals around Coowara. Lots dont have pools, is it ok to put an above ground pool in a rental ?? What is the cost?? Are they any good?? We r on a 457 so will always rent, can they be transferred from properties???
Thanks in advance

getting very excited about move aiming for October.
As already said, its not as black and white as just picking it up and moving on. You would almost certainly need permission from the landlord and it is now law to fence all pools, inground, aboveground and even spas.

I'm also not sure where you mean by Coowara, as I've certainly never heard of it before. You don't mean Coomera by any chance do you?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by sassie
As already said, its not as black and white as just picking it up and moving on. You would almost certainly need permission from the landlord and it is now law to fence all pools, inground, aboveground and even spas.

I'm also not sure where you mean by Coowara, as I've certainly never heard of it before. You don't mean Coomera by any chance do you?
Yes i mean Coomera.... As a result of making this huge decision to move I seem to be only sleeping 5/6 hours per night and then spend rest of night surfing the net!!!! So getting confused... Mmmm i see your point on poolso its either pay more and rent place with pool ir go to one of the many gated communities.... How far is a decent beach and does anyone know what hese gated communities are like???
Thanx for all advice it will help as decide on our budget... And feasability of husbands salary working for us....