Reload this Page >

5weeks to go - help!!!!

5weeks to go - help!!!!

Old May 23rd 2008, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

dotty cow will become famous soon enough
Default 5weeks to go - help!!!!

hi,

can anyone slap some sense into me?! we are flying to adelaide in 5weeks and i am beyond stressed.... if it's not dealing with the house/removals it's emotional goodbyes and trying to sound positive about our "exciting adventure" :curse: PLEASE tell me i am not going mad and that it is normal to continually bicker with OH and spontaneously burst into tears while laughing hysterically??!
am sure i sound like moody selfish monster (??!) but am really terrified now it is sooo near - there aren't enough hours in the day - even with an organised OH and lists an ocd patient would be amazed by.
tell me it will be worth it.....
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: 5weeks to go - help!!!!

it IS an exciting adventure. keep thinking of the positive reasons that have steered your way to get to this fantstic oppertunity. you will be fine.read some posts by katsmagic and her OH and they will keep you happy and sane and all the great photos that people have posted.
we fly in just over two weeks and agree there are not enough hours in the day but remember you are not superwoman LOL and people WILL see you again.its only a plane journey join the wine club and relax and enjoy your new life down under and possibly see you there
kath x
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5weeks to go - help!!!!

Hi there,

We did not go to Adelaide but settled in Brisbane and have been here now for 8 months and loving it.

We felt the same as you, wondering if it was the right decision and getting very stressed.

But please look at this and listen to the words of the song, especially the chorus and hopefully it will make you feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTRPddOqlY4

Good luck

Bobby
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Hi there,

We did not go to Adelaide but settled in Brisbane and have been here now for 8 months and loving it.

We felt the same as you, wondering if it was the right decision and getting very stressed.

But please look at this and listen to the words of the song, especially the chorus and hopefully it will make you feel better.

Good luck

Bobby
I LOVE that .(although not meant for me LOL x) thankyou though. made me happy and confirmed the reasons for the move - happy family being able to enjoy outside time together, I hope we end up as happy and relaxed as you are
kath x
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kjc79
I LOVE that .(although not meant for me LOL x) thankyou though. made me happy and confirmed the reasons for the move - happy family being able to enjoy outside time together, I hope we end up as happy and relaxed as you are
kath x
We have got only a week to go now, and are absolutly shi**ing ourselves, its perfectly normal, and yes it does look like you will never be able to get everything done
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:23 pm
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future

Great video and tune bobby!

Who is the tune sung by?

starlite
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
We have got only a week to go now, and are absolutly shi**ing ourselves, its perfectly normal, and yes it does look like you will never be able to get everything done

I know that i will feel like this though soon but not really fully sunk in yet. maybe after the party next friday when my mascara is streeming down my face

enjoy the start of your new life down under and dont forget to do an update to let us know how smoothly it all goes for you to give us all some hope for our impending journeys. LOL x

kath x
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Starlite
Great video and tune bobby!

Who is the tune sung by?

starlite
Hi Starlight,

It is Sophie Ellis Bexter and it was the song we listened to when ever we felt down or were having doubts.

It always picked us up.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:35 pm
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future

Thanks
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

OH and I are coming up to our 1st year here in Adelaide and it feels like 5 minutes ago we were in the same position I am now getting constant phonecalls from my mate who comes over in 3 weeks! Its an adventure you wont forget. I thought I was organised until the last week in the UK, but we were still dealing with BT at the airport We also did a UK tour to visit both families, and the feeling of excitement just kept escalating, never mind the excess baggage with little gifts they kept giving us! There is always something, then all of a sudden it fell into place.
I remember getting on the plane, taking a deep breath and a swig of vodka and thinking WOW look what weve done I still feel like that sometimes. But on the whole we had open minds and a want to try something new. Good luck to you all from the bottom of my heart, there is no denying it is scary, but your all tigers not wallflowers GO FOR IT
Old May 24th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

ebyron is on a distinguished road

I feel exactly the same, 6 weeks to go .... where do I start? I've bubble wrapped a few plates, and seem to be endlessly spending my time filling up black bin bags with rubbish from the cupboards. Tried to focus on one room at a time, but that hasn't worked either ..!!!! aaaarrrrrhhhhh

MAkes it a bit easier hearing other people are feeling the same ... and have survived!!!
Old May 24th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

i hear you, I have 3 weeks left in the UK, and am constant bursting into tears for no reason and the tears just come from nowhere. Twice today I am feeling very overwhelmed at the moment.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kjc79
it IS an exciting adventure. keep thinking of the positive reasons that have steered your way to get to this fantstic oppertunity. you will be fine.read some posts by katsmagic and her OH and they will keep you happy and sane and all the great photos that people have posted.
we fly in just over two weeks and agree there are not enough hours in the day but remember you are not superwoman LOL and people WILL see you again.its only a plane journey join the wine club and relax and enjoy your new life down under and possibly see you there
kath x
THANKYOU!! i think it wil be easier when the removal men have been and we have got that out of the way...i also finish work next week which will help....would be nice to see you there! we don't even know where we are going to live yet though! we have a flat in the city booked for 4weeks until we decide which suberb to go for. where abouts are you going?
the thought of the wine and warm evenings is proving to be of help - ta!
Old May 24th 2008, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Hi there,

Good luck

Bobby
oh dear.....that made me sob too was lovely to see you so happy though - i hope i feel as settled after 8mths! the words are very apt - will have a copy on my mp3 for the flight i think. thankyou
Old May 24th 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sharonm5
i hear you, I have 3 weeks left in the UK, and am constant bursting into tears for no reason and the tears just come from nowhere. Twice today I am feeling very overwhelmed at the moment.
it's nice to know i am not the only one - sorry, not much help to you though?!! i suppose if nothing else once we are there it will be a relief not to be seeing friends and family every weekend for tearful goodbyes...am starting to dread spending time with people cos i know it'll be the last time i see them for a long time. keep your chin up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.