Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life condition

489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life condition

Old Sep 15th 2016, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life conditi

Originally Posted by Mahdi.ka.82
If every thing work out, my final destination would be Europe, living there has always been one of my long standing dreams.
I would like to know that why British people make such a decision and move to Au?
Moving to Australia won't help you with a move to somewhere in Europe, so what do you mean "if things work out"?

Often people move from Britain to Australia because they prefer a hotter climate, because they just want a change or maybe they marry an Australian.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 6:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 visa holders in Australia (QUEENSLAND) share their experience of life conditi

If every thing work out, my final destination would be Europe, living there has always been one of my long standing dreams.
I would like to know that why British people make such a decision and move to Au?
Moving to Australia is not going to get you any closer to living in Europe that's for sure. If you want to live in Europe, move to Europe and save yourself the hassle and expense of relocating twice

I would like to know that why Iranian people make such a decision and move to Au? There's certainly a lot here
Old Sep 15th 2016, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Mahdi.ka.82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Moving to Australia is not going to get you any closer to living in Europe that's for sure. If you want to live in Europe, move to Europe and save yourself the hassle and expense of relocating twice

I would like to know that why Iranian people make such a decision and move to Au? There's certainly a lot here
There are lots of reasons to move. First of all, more opportunities to promotion, available and valuable facilities to gain better experience not only in work fields but also in life.
We are living in country with more than 3000 years of history and deep culture. People in my country deserve better life style and standards of living. Thus, I am going to move somewhere like Au or Europe and save some money to back home and change my family's walks of life for better.
Second of all, educational system in advanced country can nurture our children wisely and knowledgeable. So they can back home and convey these materials to their next generation.
All in all, 3rd country people need to improve and we are not excepted.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 12:43 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow, I've never seen english improve in 5 seconds flat but it just went from Google translate to fluent banter in 5 seconds flat...
Old Sep 21st 2016, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teza
Oh wow, I've never seen english improve in 5 seconds flat but it just went from Google translate to fluent banter in 5 seconds flat...
Ha....
After period of time,what r u talking about?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 1:21 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

youve asked this before and it's been pointed out before... Moving to Australia will not help you move to Europe, one iota.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
youve asked this before and it's been pointed out before... Moving to Australia will not help you move to Europe, one iota.
If Europe is your final destination, with Australia as a stop gap.

I have to ask why?

The cost of a visa and relocation to Australia is not cheap. Then add to that getting a visa and the relocation costs to Europe. This is getting expensive for you and your family.

My thoughts are you have not really thought this out practically or financially. You are going to be paying out a ton on money for a country you are not looking to live in permanently.

Yes they are people on the forums that bounce around, but that decision is not made prior to moving.

You should look at the costs involved and the country you and your family want to ultimately live in.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute

Second of all, educational system in advanced country can nurture our children wisely and knowledgeable. So they can back home and convey these materials to their next generation.
All in all, 3rd country people need to improve and we are not excepted.
Have you considered that your children may not want to move back, they will be westernised by then and enjoying the trappings of western lifestyle and then possibly looking to migrate themselves to another western country.

3rd world country does need to improve, correct. But this is usually a failing of your government to invest in your country and people. Look at India and China, massive populations but so many people DO NOT have access to basic sanitation.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

What I mean about immigration to Au in purpose of moving to Eu is related to the fact that in my branch people need to be up to date and be familiar with latest improvements and innovation. As well as that knowing about modern methods of installation and setup the sections of every structures are of paramount importance. So as a civil engineer once an opportunity to work in advanced country as a member of advanced company in the high standards projects is provided, spontaneously improvement would be grabbed with my claws.
At least in my branch every where around the world companies are looking for professional engineers to hire.

The second reason that I had pointed out in the former post was related to education systems. Undeniably, My children would be free to choose their next destination to live while there are lots of scientists and university teachers who came back to their mother land and rear youth people on better way.

Which is my responsibility is providing better situation to live for my family. So future will illustrate well what I am going to do.

Last edited by Mahdi.ka.82; Sep 23rd 2016 at 12:49 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

What I mean about immigration to Au in purpose of moving to Eu is related to the fact that in my branch people need to be up to date and be familiar with latest improvements and innovation. As well as that knowing about modern methods of installation and setup the sections of every structures are of paramount importance. So as a civil engineer once an opportunity to work in advanced country as a member of advanced company in the high standards projects is provided, spontaneously improvement would be grabbed with my claws.
At least in my branch every where around the world companies are looking for professional engineers to hire.

The second reason that I had pointed out in the former post was related to education systems. Undeniably, My children would be free to choose their next destination to live while there are lots of scientists and university teachers who came back to their mother land and rear youth people on better way.

Which is my responsibility is providing better situation to live for my family. So future will illustrate well what I am going to do.
This still does not explain why you think you need to move to Australia before you can move to Europe. If you want to move to Europe then why do you not look into European immigration processes.

I also do not understand why you think your children would be free to choose where to live. There are immigration controls in every country in the world as far as I know and none of us are free to choose to live wherever we like.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
This still does not explain why you think you need to move to Australia before you can move to Europe. If you want to move to Europe then why do you not look into European immigration processes.

I also do not understand why you think your children would be free to choose where to live. There are immigration controls in every country in the world as far as I know and none of us are free to choose to live wherever we like.
Firstly I have to confess that I could meet only Au immigration criteria, so I did not have another option to choose. Eu immigration rules are not only a bit tougher but also non-stable in comparison with Au immigration rules. You have never lived in my country and do not know what I am talking about.
Which is why, I need to gain more experience and ability in Au and work in international company as well and then launch for another country. Also Australian passport would help me hopefully.

Secondly my children would be free to choose where they are going to live as I am free to choose however at that time they might have more options and eligibility.

Hoping to convey the massage clearly.

Last edited by Mahdi.ka.82; Sep 26th 2016 at 8:21 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 1:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly I have to confess that I could meet only Au immigration criteria, so I did not have another option to choose. Eu immigration rules are not only a bit tougher but also non-stable in comparison with Au immigration rules. You have never lived in my country and do not know what I am talking about.
Which is why, I need to gain more experience and ability in Au and work in international company as well and then launch for another country. Also Australian passport would help me hopefully.

Secondly my children would be free to choose where they are going to live as I am free to choose however at that time they might have more options and eligibility.

An Australian passport would not help you move to the EU at all. If you want to live in the EU, apply to live in the EU. End of. Emigration is hugely expensive, time consuming and can cause massive disruption to your family - not something you would want ot do too often that's for sure

Good luck
Old Mar 12th 2017, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

shahidjabbar is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear friends,
First of all thanks for the questions and answers in this forum.
I would like to seek your value advise regarding my current position .
Currently i am in Belgium on work visa, but i got 489 as well . Now i am double minded which country to select for my final destination.
I am IT professional.
Second question , as per research, it is hard to find a IT job in regional area,i would like to know from you , if i do such job which is non-IT for first year ,it will be a gap in my career , will IT companies will consider me after one year ?
Old Mar 12th 2017, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mahaid,

have you moved to AU ? please share your experience.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I got 489 visa for QLD and have to stay in regional area. I am IT professional and you know better than me that to get job in IT in regional area is almost impossible.
So , coming to the point. I came to know that i can open one man company and address will in regional area.The purpose to do like that is to work in City and live in regional area. Because 489 visa has restriction that I must stay +work at least for one year in regional area. I can not work in city.
Therefore someone suggested me to open a company and find a job in city and work as freelancer for the employer and i can invoice to my employer.
Do you have any information regarding this process and is it acceptable by the immigration department ? because later i have to apply for PR later.
I will be very thankful if you can share some information regarding this scenario.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.