2nd VAC

Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:28 am
Honeybun

Honeybun will become famous soon enoughHoneybun will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2nd VAC

Originally Posted by lened
Sorry honeybun don't know the answer to that but perhaps you can help me How long did it take after you submitted all the paperwork assurance of support etc I submitted everything 29th September .
Hi Ed, well, how long, it seems an age, but the application was received by DIMIA on 20 April, and I think my son sent assurance of support in August, so as soon as I have sent my 2nd VAC it will be approximately 6 months in total. The house has been on the market since Easter, thinking I would sell easily in 6 months and be out there for Christmas, so that is now the thing that is holding me up and stressing me out. So you should expect yours about Easter time next year. Maybe a good idea to put your house on the market now, because if it sells, you can always go over, and when the visa is about to be issued, just go out of the country. I think I would do that, because there is a slump coming, and our houses wont be worth so much. People are more picky and offering silly money. YOur choice of course, but good luck anyway. May see u out there and have a ?
Lol HOneybun
Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:56 am
Parent Contr.143

lened is an unknown quantity at this point

My question was a bit confused I should have expalined that It took me from May to September to get all the assurance , medicals and police checks organised so you could say I'm five months into this process already. I put my house on the market in April too. Thinking if I sold it I could stay with my sister . But like you no buyers. I've reduced it by £20K still no buyers . As I'm going to Perth for three months on the 17th when I get back I'll have to decide whether to leave it on the market or rent it out. I was hoping that my house would be sold and my visa would be through BUT . I'll also have to decide whether to ship my furniture out there and leave the house empty. The estate agent says it sells better with the furniture in it although nothing seems to be selling his year . All these things add up to scary moments don't they . :scared:
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:20 am
Honeybun

My question was a bit confused I should have expalined that It took me from May to September to get all the assurance , medicals and police checks organised so you could say I'm five months into this process already. I put my house on the market in April too. Thinking if I sold it I could stay with my sister . But like you no buyers. I've reduced it by £20K still no buyers . As I'm going to Perth for three months on the 17th when I get back I'll have to decide whether to leave it on the market or rent it out. I was hoping that my house would be sold and my visa would be through BUT . I'll also have to decide whether to ship my furniture out there and leave the house empty. The estate agent says it sells better with the furniture in it although nothing seems to be selling his year . All these things add up to scary moments don't they . :scared:
So you should hear very soon I would suggest. The housing market is more than scary, so far I have only reduced mine by£10k and am open to offers, but everybody around me is selling, so I guess I will have to drop it more, but nobody has even put in an offer. I thought my house was nice, but obviously not nice enough If you dont ship your belongings out, if the house has not sold while you are away, it would surely mean that you would have to come back to do this Such a lot to think about. Am still working so can save a little more, but would rather be on my way and be out for Chrissy! R U taking any pets with you?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:38 am
Parent Contr.143

No pets . I've always had cats but they died of old age so when I get there and settle I will probably get a dog . My daughter has a lab puppy so I can always take her out for a walk to start with but I must admitt I do miss having a pet at home. When I was in Glen Forrest last visit there were loads of dogs and owners on the trails and they always seem to stop and chat so it's a good way of meeting people. Good luck with your house sale hope you do something soon THIS CAN'T GO ON FOREVER can it ?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Wink Re: 2nd VAC

No pets . I've always had cats but they died of old age so when I get there and settle I will probably get a dog . My daughter has a lab puppy so I can always take her out for a walk to start with but I must admitt I do miss having a pet at home. When I was in Glen Forrest last visit there were loads of dogs and owners on the trails and they always seem to stop and chat so it's a good way of meeting people. Good luck with your house sale hope you do something soon THIS CAN'T GO ON FOREVER can it ?
Hey you two ( you and honeybun) look on the BRIGHT side, everything will happen when its meant to! :scared: I presume Honeybun you are the same Barbara who wrote to me? Us three WILL be meeting for a glass or two of something cool in Perth one day of that I am sure. I, too, will probably get another dog once I am down there, just have to rent somewhere where they are allowed. Suzanne
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:30 pm
Honeybun

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
Hey you two ( you and honeybun) look on the BRIGHT side, everything will happen when its meant to! :scared: I presume Honeybun you are the same Barbara who wrote to me? Us three WILL be meeting for a glass or two of something cool in Perth one day of that I am sure. I, too, will probably get another dog once I am down there, just have to rent somewhere where they are allowed. Suzanne
Yes please. I think we will all need it!!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 8:11 am
Parent Contr.143

I'll drink to that . What a lovely thought on a rainy grey Saturday morning . Sitting in the sun having a drink with friends improving our quality of life > This is what's it's all about . I should remember that when a start to panic :scared: . Thanks for some positive thinking .
Old Oct 8th 2005, 1:23 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Have a question seeing as my in-laws have just sent off their paperwork, when was the 1st payment required and what sort of gap would be usual for the 2nd payment, they thought the whole lot was due in one payment right at the end of the process?
Jenny
Old Oct 14th 2005, 11:13 am
Parent Contr.143

Smile Re: 2nd VAC

Just read this . Are your in laws applying on Contr Parent 143 ? If so it seems to be 1st payment then 6-9 months later 2nd payment after lodging the assurance of support.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 1:35 pm
Honeybun

Originally Posted by jensteve
Have a question seeing as my in-laws have just sent off their paperwork, when was the 1st payment required and what sort of gap would be usual for the 2nd payment, they thought the whole lot was due in one payment right at the end of the process?
Jenny
Yes, I have just come on, sorry for the delay. I had to pay the first contribution when I applied, then the whole process of sponsorship, medicals etc., then I have been asked for the 2nd, which was about 5 months after. Hope this helps
Honeybun