189 Class Visa Questions

189 Class Visa Questions

Old Feb 28th 2017, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

MrBBQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 189 Class Visa Questions

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reading this first off!

I am applying for visa 189 and starting to get my references for my skills assessment together. I am applying under the SOL of Computer Network and Systems Engineer. I am a UK citizen, have scored 70 points on the assessment but want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. My qualifications are A/Level and one of them is computing which is relevant to the SOL I am applying under.

I have over 10 years experience in this field and although I have had management roles up to director level I have been on tools for the entire time and can demonstrate that through references.

My wife is german and I have 2 young children 2 & 4. She has lived in the UK for over 10 years now and is qualified to NVQ2 for Beauty. I also have a first cousin that lives in Queensland and is an AUS citizen.

I have a few questions I need help with to get started:

1. What do A/Levels match up to on the initial assessment for points so that I can make sure my points are correct?

2. My references will just sign off the entire skillset for the SOL but does this seem a little TOO perfect, Even if almost all of it was part of my role?

3. Does the fact that I had other responsibilities impact the SOL required responsibilities, even I did these at the same time?

4. Will ACS call my references? It's fine if they do, I just want to prepare the kind people doing this for me...

5. Does the fact my wife is German impact anything?

Sorry for the brain dump. I'm just starting and thought I'd ask what I have for now :-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Jed
Old Feb 28th 2017, 9:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 Class Visa Questions

Originally Posted by Jed83
Hi Guys,

Thanks for reading this first off!

I am applying for visa 189 and starting to get my references for my skills assessment together. I am applying under the SOL of Computer Network and Systems Engineer. I am a UK citizen, have scored 70 points on the assessment but want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. My qualifications are A/Level and one of them is computing which is relevant to the SOL I am applying under.

I have over 10 years experience in this field and although I have had management roles up to director level I have been on tools for the entire time and can demonstrate that through references.

My wife is german and I have 2 young children 2 & 4. She has lived in the UK for over 10 years now and is qualified to NVQ2 for Beauty. I also have a first cousin that lives in Queensland and is an AUS citizen.

I have a few questions I need help with to get started:

1. What do A/Levels match up to on the initial assessment for points so that I can make sure my points are correct?

2. My references will just sign off the entire skillset for the SOL but does this seem a little TOO perfect, Even if almost all of it was part of my role?

3. Does the fact that I had other responsibilities impact the SOL required responsibilities, even I did these at the same time?

4. Will ACS call my references? It's fine if they do, I just want to prepare the kind people doing this for me...

5. Does the fact my wife is German impact anything?

Sorry for the brain dump. I'm just starting and thought I'd ask what I have for now :-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Jed
The answers won't change cos you posted it twice
Old Feb 28th 2017, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

MrBBQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Just looking for opinions...thought I had put the post in the wrong section... :-)
Old Feb 28th 2017, 10:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jed83
Just looking for opinions...thought I had put the post in the wrong section... :-)
No, you were right the first time with the Immigration/visa section