Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Oct 30th 2009, 1:57 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Get ready for another hit on the british pound next week , more QE coming . some predicting 60 -67 pence to a dollar in 3 months
Old Oct 30th 2009, 2:14 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I wonder what percentage of the people entitled are getting their stimulus money around now because they normally claim FTB at the end of the year?
That is an interesting point, and also brings up the question of tax rebates that people would be getting, and maybe spending about now ?
The expected average refund for 2008-09 has recently been quoted as $2,351

Old Oct 30th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Get ready for another hit on the british pound next week , more QE coming . some predicting 60 -67 pence to a dollar in 3 months
Who? I want to read it.....!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

HazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by koalakim
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125685441940816979.html

The link from Google news shows the entire link but from here it only shows part of it. Search Google News for 'UK quantitative Easing'

Last edited by HazBean; Oct 30th 2009 at 4:08 am.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:05 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
Cool! I have a new roof to pay for on my UK rental! Keeps getting cheaper.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:08 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6896278.ece
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125685441940816979.html

5th November is the date to watch. 3rd November sees the RBA with the interest rate meeting.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:55 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ratesfx.com/predictions/pred-gbp.html

bit of a big range but if this is anything to go by the uk pound isnt going anywhere in a hurry compared to the pacificpeso.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up guys...will keep an eye on it at the beginning of next week.

Although I would have thought as the GDP figures were bad then more QE would be the next step and this would have been factored in in the last few days.

Apparently the $ dropped a bit on the speculation a few days ago that the next rate rise would only be 25 points instead of 50. So who knows what they are all thinking out there!

We need to start some rumours that everything is rosey in the UK garden, let the pound whizz up, change our money and then not have to go through this constant turmoil!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:52 am
poole ,dorset . love it

Thanks for the heads up guys...will keep an eye on it at the beginning of next week.

Although I would have thought as the GDP figures were bad then more QE would be the next step and this would have been factored in in the last few days.

Apparently the $ dropped a bit on the speculation a few days ago that the next rate rise would only be 25 points instead of 50. So who knows what they are all thinking out there!

We need to start some rumours that everything is rosey in the UK garden, let the pound whizz up, change our money and then not have to go through this constant turmoil!
The best news for Dollar holders is the news thats come out of the states last night with 3.5% growth , shares are up and the oz dollar is up . High yielding currencies like the ozdolar benefit if the shares are up .
When the shares were going down the best part of this week the ozdollar went down and traders took profit and put into perceived safer currencies like the british pound , this has now turned around .
With the british economy technically still in recession and just about every where else out of it and with expectation of more QE being pumped into the uk economy next week thus weaking the pound furthur and expectations of an interest rate rise here then it can only go one way , the ozdollar is going to strengthen .
The only thing maybe the pound can do is either have no more QE and an interest rates rise , this isnt likely as britain is in so much debt its beneficial to devalue currency thus making imports more expensive and exports more attractive , this cuts debt down .
Im no expert but this is how im seeing it at the moment , the currency markets are very volatile at the moment and the slight hint of good or bad news reflects on that coutries currency .
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:02 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

I think the pound would have to get thro 1-85, then thro 2 dollars to get a little excited.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

why start a rumour ? If you keep reading the uk papers you will believe the crap they peddle out but actually living in the uk I have only seen positive.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:23 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swigski
Don't really understand what your getting at? Are you saying that people entitled to the FHB grant won't get it until end of year?
Some people claim FTB through the year. They get a payment every 2 weeks and have to keep Centrelink up to date with any changes in their salary. Any over/under payment is sorted out at the end of the tax year. Others make a claim and get a single payment after the end of the tax year once they've done their tax return.

Those who use the second method wouldn't have got the 2 stimulus payments distributed by Centrelink earlier this year but would get them after they've done their tax return. Which is about now give or take a month or two.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 10:56 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Some people claim FTB through the year. They get a payment every 2 weeks and have to keep Centrelink up to date with any changes in their salary. Any over/under payment is sorted out at the end of the tax year. Others make a claim and get a single payment after the end of the tax year once they've done their tax return.

Those who use the second method wouldn't have got the 2 stimulus payments distributed by Centrelink earlier this year but would get them after they've done their tax return. Which is about now give or take a month or two.
I know this, but I am talking about the First Home Buyers Grant (FHB) or First Time Buyers Grant (FTB) not Fringe Tax Benefits.

Last edited by swigski; Oct 30th 2009 at 11:54 am. Reason: FHB not FHM
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:10 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this, but I am talking about the First Home Buyers Grant (FHM) or First Time Buyers Grant (FTB) not Fringe Tax Benefits.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Oct 30th 2009 at 11:12 am.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:34 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I know this, but I am talking about the First Home Buyers Grant (FHM) or First Time Buyers Grant (FTB) not Fringe Tax Benefits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.