Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Originally Posted by paulry
His response was: "I'm afraid not sir... due to the recent drop in the value of the AUD our supplier has passed on price increases so our margins are now way too tight".

They must think we where born yesterday...

We brought bikes with us but if we hadn't I'd be importing, like many discretionary/luxury goods here bikes here seem to be marked up massively.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bcworld
How ridiculous....AUD is about 2% off multi decade highs! I assume you left quicksmart!?
yeah and the greedy retailers trying to blame online shopping because people can now buy bargains with strong $!

retailers have been coining it in with overseas purchased goods over the last year or so and still raising prices with inflation up!

Old Jan 15th 2011, 11:28 pm

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

35 dollars for a book in a shopping mall a bloody disgrace...
Old Jan 15th 2011, 11:30 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrCro
yeah and the greedy retailers trying to blame online shopping because people can now buy bargains with strong $!

retailers have been coining it in with overseas purchased goods over the last year or so and still raising prices with inflation up!

Hopefully the chickens will soon come to roost big time on the greedy retailers
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch...there goes GBPs rebound!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12272717
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:17 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
Ouch...there goes GBPs rebound!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12272717
It's only because we leave for bris in 6 weeks And need to exchange
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:44 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad Uk data, pound downwads again me thinks
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by lancastrian48
Bad Uk data, pound downwads again me thinks
Oh look, and it has.
Attached Thumbnails 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!-capture.jpg  
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Seems to have recovered from the bad news
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:01 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Bump!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:30 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Bump!
Stop being smug..... it wont last..... (Surely once the whole city of London has burnt to the ground in a fit of anarchic civil unrest someone will consider that perhaps GBP isnt the best currency to be holding)
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Stop being smug..... it wont last..... (Surely once the whole city of London has burnt to the ground in a fit of anarchic civil unrest someone will consider that perhaps GBP isnt the best currency to be holding)
Smug? Not at. It's a lot more than just my holiday spending money that's been affected by the pound's slump. You're worrying about how your luxury spending's going to be affected by a small fluctuation while this last couple of years I've had to watch my lifes savings being decimated. And you accuse me of being smug? I wish if I could be smug.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:24 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Is it time to spend my Birthday money on Amazon.co.uk yet?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Is it time to spend my Birthday money on Amazon.co.uk yet?

Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:28 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a pile of DVDs and a Kindle in me shopping basket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.