Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well the threads been running a year now, so, in the bigger picture, a month is an acceptable margin of error.
Still not impressed. You made the prediction on the 30 June for the 31 July and it came true on 2 September. A one month prediction coming true 2 months later is like a 100% margin of error.

If you'd made the prediction a year ago then I would have been impressed (even if it was a month out)

Last edited by MartinLuther; Sep 2nd 2010 at 11:15 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 1:18 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Still not impressed. You made the prediction on the 30 June for the 31 July and it came true on 2 September. A one month prediction coming true 2 months later is like a 100% margin of error.

If you'd made the prediction a year ago then I would have been impressed (even if it was a month out)
Don't care. Still claiming it as evidence of my immense psychic powers and economic prowess.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:46 am
Just Joined

dedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud of

If the property bubble in Australia bursts I'd expect to see a change in exchange rates.

What property bubble?

This article explains it better than I can . . .

http://www.unconventionaleconomist.c...aw-houses.html
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:20 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Does this one count? Thank you "Search this Thread".

Looks like there was a whole 1.69 thread at one time that got merged into this one.
...and from the old "1.76....what's happened to the ex rate" thread from a year ago.
Still the same now as it was then as far as I can see. The trend is still down...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0238&p=8004877
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0238&p=8268893
Old Sep 5th 2010, 7:23 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dedicate2
If the property bubble in Australia bursts I'd expect to see a change in exchange rates.

What property bubble?

This article explains it better than I can . . .

http://www.unconventionaleconomist.c...aw-houses.html
A very well written article there which actually is substantive rather than scare mongering. Thanks for sharing.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:14 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
...and from the old "1.76....what's happened to the ex rate" thread from a year ago.
Still the same now as it was then as far as I can see. The trend is still down...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0238&p=8004877
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0238&p=8268893
I agree.

The pound exchange rate won't rise until they start destroying some £s or Aus starts printing $s. I can't see either happening in the near future.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

1.67 something or other right now. Or 59 and a 'arf pee

As always all predictions wrong, never does what you think it will.

Might buy some more holiday money, last time it went to 61p I covered a couple of future hols, major downside is the money in UK earns zippo interest, must look at premium bonds too. Bet thats a kerfuffle from OZ
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
must look at premium bonds too. Bet thats a kerfuffle from OZ
Actually it's not. Fill in a form, get a certified copy of your passport and something from the ATO showing your TFN and you're done. All you need for kids is a certified copy of their birth certificate. Check out their website

British government desperately needs your money and makes it easy for them to get it!

Last edited by Amazulu; Sep 7th 2010 at 6:15 am.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Actually it's not. Fill in a form, get a certified copy of your passport and something from the ATO showing your TFN and you're done. All you need for kids is a certified copy of their birth certificate. Check out their website

British government desperately needs your money and makes it easy for them to get it!

Thanks, more inspired to get on with it now
Old Sep 7th 2010, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jad n rich
1.67 something or other right now. Or 59 and a 'arf pee

As always all predictions wrong, never does what you think it will.

Might buy some more holiday money, last time it went to 61p I covered a couple of future hols, major downside is the money in UK earns zippo interest, must look at premium bonds too. Bet thats a kerfuffle from OZ
You may want to read this first:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/premium-bonds
Old Sep 7th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
was going to say they reckon that they are not worth investing in

halifax do an esaver account instant access @ 2.6 %

not brilliant compared to oz but better than nothing
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas where its heading from here?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mbike

Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:00 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbike

There's no good news economically from the UK in the medium term as far as I can see. Talk of more money printing and inflation coupled with deficits. Not good. I think we'll see the aud testing new highs.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
There's no good news economically from the UK in the medium term as far as I can see. Talk of more money printing and inflation coupled with deficits. Not good. I think we'll see the aud testing new highs.
I have just come back from a charity auction which has been going for 15 years raising money for new born incubaters & if you were there you would be amazed how much money was floating around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.