Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

##**Warning**## Where to live thread ##**Warning**##

##**Warning**## Where to live thread ##**Warning**##

Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:07 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ##**Warning**## Where to live thread ##**Warning**##

K, so no-one's gonna read this now!

Right, we have a dilemma.....we fly to Brisbane on 1st September. The missus starts work at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Wooloogabba [sp] on 24th.

Initially, we were looking at living on the GC and for her to commute. Recent research has suggested that this might be a tad too much of a journey to undertake on a daily basis.

We are now looking at somewhere along the river in Bris, but having done NO research into this area, don't even know where to start.

Anyone have any slithers or inklings of info for us? Sat here looking at a map, all I can see is a big town called Ipswich to the West of Bris.......anyone?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:07 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ##**Warning**## Where to live thread ##**Warning**##

A little bump
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Right, we have a dilemma.....we fly to Brisbane on 1st September. The missus starts work at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Wooloogabba [sp] on 24th.

Initially, we were looking at living on the GC and for her to commute. Recent research has suggested that this might be a tad too much of a journey to undertake on a daily basis.

We are now looking at somewhere along the river in Bris, but having done NO research into this area, don't even know where to start.

Anyone have any slithers or inklings of info for us? Sat here looking at a map, all I can see is a big town called Ipswich to the West of Bris.......anyone?
Try Yeronga, Dutton Park,Yerongpilly, Gracevill, Sherwood.

Use Google Map to findothersuburbs.

WW
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:30 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Fluffy

Depends how much you wanna spend on accomodation !!!!!!! Anywhere along the river is $$$$$$. I love Bulimba, Paddington but could never afford to live there.....

We are in Shailer Park, which takes approx 20 mins to the PA dependant on traffic. My OH works @ Greenslopes, which is the same exit off the freeway.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Not trying to stir things up chap, but when you get here and have a look around Ipswich I'm sure you will want to live anywhere but!!. Depends what your budget is and what your requirements are old bean. We've bought in Petrie and I can be in the city in 30 mins if I leave at 6 am. The Gold Coast, eg Ormeau is an hour away. Basically, the further from the CBD you get the nicer the 'burbs. Only one way to know for sure. Get here and have a drive around.

Andy
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:42 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Friend just bought a nice house at Riverhills. We're Manly West. On train line for the PA.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:05 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it have to be the Brisbane river theres also Griffen and Woody Point and parts of Murumba Downs that back on to the Hornibrook Petrie River and stil close to city? A quick way to get picture of where the rivers go is to click on this link http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR664.loop.shtml then click the check boxes for roads, railways and major lakes and rivers.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

My mate lives in Forest Lake and his wife (who doesn't drive) works in the same hospital so it can't be tooo bad to get to from there.

Jazzy
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stitch
Friend just bought a nice house at Riverhills. We're Manly West. On train line for the PA.

Cheers

Ginny
Hey Stitch!

Brother in Law lives in Manly West - was there a couple of years ago - LOVELY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby went over again in November and sealed our decision for Australia!

Angie
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Angie, my mate lives in Manly west. And your right, it is nice. I used to live there too.

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hey Angie, my mate lives in Manly west. And your right, it is nice. I used to live there too.

Jazzys
My BIL is called Steve - lol Know him??? LMAO???!!!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

I thought Steve died when that sting ray thingy got him.

My mate is called Kenny, ask your BIL if he knows him.

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

I thought Steve died when that sting ray thingy got him.

My mate is called Kenny, ask your BIL if he knows him.

Jazzys
I can see this one going around in circles!!!!!!!! LOL

When they first went to Australia to live a few years ago - they rented by the wading pool in Wynnum - then they bough a few weeks after that - it's very nice there!!!! We're hoping to evenitually end up somewhere around that area - we're intially going to Canberra until Hubbies work takes up who knows where???

I will ask the random question of
'hi Steve, How's things? Do you know Kenny??' LOL

Angie
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

He'll know Kenny, everyone knows Kenny!

I'm heading out there very shortly actually, I got made redundant yesterday so there's no point in hanging round here.

Not sure if I'll end up around the wynnum area or not though.

Definately Brisbane though.

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

He'll know Kenny, everyone knows Kenny!

I'm heading out there very shortly actually, I got made redundant yesterday so there's no point in hanging round here.

Not sure if I'll end up around the wynnum area or not though.

Definately Brisbane though.

Jazzys
LOL - OK I'll ask the question!

Sorry to hear about the jb situation - bit of a nightmare eh??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.