Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$5.85 for ...........

$5.85 for ...........

Old Apr 30th 2006, 11:41 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $5.85 for ...........

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
This I'm learning ............ fast!

Just a pitty when the supermarket is sooooo convenient.

If it was my garden I'd have a go at growing I reckon.

Same here mate, when we move into our house we'll have one in walking distance.

We'll still only get our staples there, which we pay too much for $2 for a loaf when $1 elsewhere
Old Apr 30th 2006, 11:43 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

This I'm learning ............ fast!

Just a pitty when the supermarket is sooooo convenient.

If it was my garden I'd have a go at growing I reckon.
Are there no allotments in oz, or markets with fruit and veg stalls on?

al
Old May 1st 2006, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fraser
Same here mate, when we move into our house we'll have one in walking distance.

We'll still only get our staples there, which we pay too much for $2 for a loaf when $1 elsewhere
Hope the house is goin well. I caught a little of what's goin on but haven't had loads of BE time of recent.

Yeah we have a Coles just down the road, and altho there is a IGA (think it's called) closer, that's even more expensive!

I'm not grumbling as the cost of fruit isn't gonna stop us all enjoying all the rest Australia offers, but we do walk round Coles converting prices and pulling a face.

I've read all the posts where you gotta go and buy your meat from your butchers, your bread from the bakers etc (like the olden days I guess) but call me lazy but it IS just too easy to get it all in Coles ...

Found a nice butchers tho and 10 chicken kebab skewers for $10 I like ...
Old May 1st 2006, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah we have a Coles just down the road, and altho there is a IGA (think it's called) closer, that's even more expensive!
Our IGA is cheaper than Coles and is either cheaper or the same price as the fruit & veg shop down the road from mine. Don't know how they compare on meat but they are def cheaper on everything else than Coles/Woolies... at least they are, here in Cremorne
Old May 1st 2006, 3:33 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TillyG
Our IGA is cheaper than Coles and is either cheaper or the same price as the fruit & veg shop down the road from mine. Don't know how they compare on meat but they are def cheaper on everything else than Coles/Woolies... at least they are, here in Cremorne
I'm prob wrong then, just goin on what the kids say ... ... like they have any idea about money! ...

My two think they're on holiday with school!
Old May 1st 2006, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Bananas are $7.99 a kilo up here at the moment....
Old May 1st 2006, 6:48 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
Don't buy fruit from the supermarket unless you're rich, or anything for that matter.
AGREE!!! Supermarket fruit and veges are a rip off here.

re strawberries, last year here on Sunshine Coast there was an oversupply of them and fruit pickers were walking in to our place of work offering us 2 HUGE punnets for $5. Still dear at the moment here, not best time of year.

I just go for what's in season as it tends to be around $3/kilo

Sunshine Sarah