$5.000 Question

Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $5.000 Question

Just had a call from brother in Australia, saying he has had a letter asking for a bond of $5.000, as he is our sponsor is this the BIG YES weve made it or is there any last hurdles to come and can i pop my cork now !!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Congratulations,
the request for the money is the last thing before issuing the visa.
However, it can still take 3 months from receipt of the cash to get the letter.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rossi
Congratulations,
the request for the money is the last thing before issuing the visa.
However, it can still take 3 months from receipt of the cash to get the letter.
agree with Rossi. but it could equally take 3 weeks...like mine did
Well done HH - good luckin Oz
HP
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Congratulations, looking good.
Are these bonds re-imbursed ? and if so..........when ?
Paul
WBB

look's like congratulation's are in order mate, even if you are a west ham fan

Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
Congratulations, looking good.
Are these bonds re-imbursed ? and if so..........when ?
Paul
2 years after you make your first entry into Oz
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Brother lives in Adelaide and is going to sort it all out, paying the $5.000 and tking the recipt to dimia. is it true that you can get your visa from aus house in the strand london.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Happy hammer
Brother lives in Adelaide and is going to sort it all out, paying the $5.000 and tking the recipt to dimia. is it true that you can get your visa from aus house in the strand london.

dont forget the extra dollars it takes to open the account

arlene
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys and Girls cant wait to get everything packed and moving.
P.S... Billy ...Up the Hammers and will talk to you on monday when we are in the Rugby world cup finale....
Hope you all get the yellow envolope soon...Best of luck.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:38 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $5.000 Question

Just had a call from brother in Australia, saying he has had a letter asking for a bond of $5.000, as he is our sponsor is this the BIG YES weve made it or is there any last hurdles to come and can i pop my cork now !!!!!
Get popping hammer, my bro lives in adelaide too and he's our sponsor spooky eh?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Crossy, how far are you with your application!!!!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

your bro will need another $200 to open the account and 100 point ID.
best to post your passports to London cos if you aint inside them doors at 10 am they're closed and you gotta go back another day.
I think they will ask you to post them so nip down to the post office and get 2 recorded deliver envelopes, one address to London and the other to yourself and pop it in with your passports.
Ours was back within the week
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
2 years after you make your first entry into Oz

I think you will find it's 30 months if I remember correctly
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Rossi, whats a 100 point id, and it would only take me 1 hour to get to aus house in london but do i have to wait for the go ahead first
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:53 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi HH,

Great news - I know how excited you must be - we got our visas granted in April, and I went to AHC in October to get the passports evidenced - lovely lovely stickers!!

100 point ID is something like Aus passport and proof of address I think - that's what my sister took (also in Adelaide - there's gonna be some party over there next year I reckon!! )

AHC in the Strand is open from 9am to 11am but you'll need your visa grant letter.

You should also check exactly what the visa grant letter says about evidencing your passports: I travelled down from Yorkshire to AHC and the visa officer wanted me to leave the passports there and go back in 5 days cos my letter said to allow 5 days after submitting them.

I'd misunderstood as you need to wait 5 days after getting the letter before going to AHC, to allow the authorisation to come through from ASPC - thought this was what the 5 days wait meant. She did them on the spot in the end, but grudgingly.

May not be a problem for you if you're only an hour way though.

They do keep the bond for 30 months and it will cost $200 to open the account as others have mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Elaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.