$45k

Old Sep 19th 2005, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future
Default Re: $45k

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
I think you have the right attitude getting all the answers first but as everyone said it all depends on a mortgage. Do you have one or not? I would say it is not enough if you need to have a mortgage.
We're probably looking of lending £40k/$100k. To get house to suit us.

I'm assuming, probably wrongly, that repayments on this are going to be roughly what we are paying monthly on the mortgage.

Thanks for info on part time jobs, wife comes from an admin background so is now hoping to find some temping to fit round kids.

You lot have been wonderful, thanks

Bill
Old Sep 19th 2005, 5:54 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

We are a Family, two adults, three kids, i wont be working but Rob will be, no mortgage and are hoping that we have a wage of at least $50,000 coming in....

Trish

Originally Posted by BillBart1
We are a family of 4, 2 adults & 2 kids (11/12).

As I am the only wage earner and have been told the above is my annual salary in your opinion is it possible for us to live on this?

Just talking basics, negative as well as positive very welcome

Thanks

Bill
Old Sep 19th 2005, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by BillBart1
We're probably looking of lending £40k/$100k. To get house to suit us.

I'm assuming, probably wrongly, that repayments on this are going to be roughly what we are paying monthly on the mortgage.

Thanks for info on part time jobs, wife comes from an admin background so is now hoping to find some temping to fit round kids.

You lot have been wonderful, thanks

Bill
My wife is also temping here at the moment and trying to find a perm job. There are plenty of jobs however you can't get to the client unless you are registered with an agency. They then vet you and determine if you should be put forward for the job ( they hold your career in their hands, not the best situation but I guess you have to get on with it ) my wife is looking for seceterial work. The other issue we have found is that once you start temping the agency want you to continue temping as this is where they earn their money.
I would also say be flexible as far as the agency is concerned, that way they will put you forward then you can tighten up your demands when you get to the interview stage. If you are unflexible with the agency you don't get put forward for jobs.

Where in Australia are you thinking of settling? This answer relates to your $100K mortgage and whether it is realistic.

let me know if you need any further detail on the temping
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone all replies gratefully received and appreciated.

Bill

(Special thanx to Denise)