Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$3009 (1250 GBP) average monthly mortgage

$3009 (1250 GBP) average monthly mortgage

Old May 30th 2007, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $3009 (1250 GBP) average monthly mortgage

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
How do first time buyers (ie. ozzy kids) save up enough to get a deposit on something with a mortgage of that size???

Like everywhere else there will be cheaper alternatives. They may have to start with something like a small apartment or a house in the less popular suburbs.

IMO, expats look for the better suburbs, or near the beach, or near to the city. People that have lived here all their lives will do the same as what we do in the UK, start at the bottom and work up.
Old May 30th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
payment in Perth now.

WOW!!!

Can everybody please respond whether you live in Perth or not and say whether that would be difficult for you?

Thanks
Same in Adelaide, average house $400 + Mortgage about $2800 a month
Old May 30th 2007, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milly123
Same in Adelaide, average house $400 + Mortgage about $2800 a month
That's only for suburbs like Mawson Lakes or one of the coastal towns like Glenelg or Brighton though.
My house cost $237 and I have a pool and am on a 911 meter block. But then I'm not right on the beach.
Old May 30th 2007, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

were do you stay then, I have been looking around flagstaff hill, etc, the hills, and golden grove, gulf view hights ,and as a family home 4 bed, study, new,ish kitchen, carnt find anything .
Old May 30th 2007, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

were do you stay then, I have been looking around flagstaff hill, etc, the hills, and golden grove, gulf view hights ,and as a family home 4 bed, study, new,ish kitchen, carnt find anything .

I live at Para Hills. Older suburb, cheaper and bigger houses, bigger blocks
Old May 30th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes Nice, how long ago did you buy.
I am renting in golden grove, new build 4 bed nice house $1600 a month.
Old May 30th 2007, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes Nice, how long ago did you buy.
I am renting in golden grove, new build 4 bed nice house $1600 a month.

We've been here for 4 weeks now.

Just looking at houses in Flagstaff Hill, Golden Grove etc. They are a bit pricey aren't they

Here's a couple of nice ones though. http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1180504296

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1180504296

Price is one of the main reasons we decided to buy an older house. It does need some work, but it won't cost us the exta $100 - $150k that buying a new house would have cost.

Good luck with you search, I hope you find something nice
Old May 30th 2007, 6:03 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
It's handy when they do that

I have a need to go and download bad news now
Aye, she is the financial brains (I've had $60K of credit card debit, don't wanna go back...), I just work in a bank

You can get the whole Comic Strip collection on DVD now, I am very tempted apart from the fact they have made some needless cuts, I hate it when they do that ... I brought 3 videos with me to Oz - Bad News Tour/More Bad News/A Fistful Of Travellers Cheques
Old May 30th 2007, 6:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
You can get the whole Comic Strip collection on DVD now, I am very tempted apart from the fact they have made some needless cuts, I hate it when they do that ... I brought 3 videos with me to Oz - Bad News Tour/More Bad News/A Fistful Of Travellers Cheques
Bad news was ace - remember the Scorpions "Bad News, hahahahaha 'SCHEISE'"!
A Fistful Of Travellers Cheques - "This is the hotel bastados, you want soft toilet paper, you go to hotel GayBoy"
Old May 30th 2007, 6:12 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I can see her face as "Warriors of Ghengis Khan" is played at high volumn

Burning looting raping shooting .............

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Aye, she is the financial brains (I've had $60K of credit card debit, don't wanna go back...), I just work in a bank

Old May 30th 2007, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

That's a pretty big mortgage payment each month! Our mortgage is 39% of that on a $500,000-ish house, thank God, but we are lucky that we have a fair bit of equity.

Just curious - if that's the kind of repayments you have for a mortgage, what are your total monthly outgoings?

Last edited by steandleigh; May 30th 2007 at 6:29 am.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:27 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is about 2/3rds of that, on a $410k house (five minutes from the beach in an older town). Had a mountain of debt in the UK which ate up a lot of our equity but still managed to put down a good sized deposit on this place.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:47 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
How do first time buyers (ie. ozzy kids) save up enough to get a deposit on something with a mortgage of that size???
They buy in Balga or somewhere else cheap; get a unit or apartment; get a 100% or even 110% mortgage; Get a 30 year mortgage; live frugally for a while. I did the same in the UK 10-15 years ago. We all have to start somewhere.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by themerlin
I can see her face as "Warriors of Ghengis Khan" is played at high volumn

Burning looting raping shooting .............
It's Den's 'angry' face that makes me collapse every time ... I may have to capture it and use it as an avatar one day.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by renth
Bad news was ace - remember the Scorpions "Bad News, hahahahaha 'SCHEISE'"!
A Fistful Of Travellers Cheques - "This is the hotel bastados, you want soft toilet paper, you go to hotel GayBoy"
My mate was actually at Donnington when they did their gig, that HAD to be worth a laugh.

Anyway back to the mortgages ... no actually, let's talk about how good the GLC episode was ... or Five Go Mad In Dorset ... or Mr Jolly Lives Next Door ...

No, mustn't, maybe another thread ... <drifts off> I think I may have to get the DVD anyway, the dodgy copies that I've got have seen better days ...

Right, back to the mortgages ...

... "I could play "Stairway To Heaven" on the guitar when I was 14. Jimmy Page didn't write it until he was 28. I think that says a lot." ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.