Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$3000 to increase the population.

$3000 to increase the population.

Old May 12th 2004, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough
Default Re: $3000 to increase the population.

Originally posted by leanda
Ive been told the Oz government are bringing in an incentive to encourage Oz residents to have more children, apparently if you have a third child you get $3000 dollars, now he could be winding me up but apparently they are trying to increase the younger population.

As much as i love my two horrors, $3000 is not enough for me, in fact it would be quite hard to put an amount on it but it would be nearer the million mark....

Anybody gonna take them up on it?
My wife finds out I have a third kid it'll COST me more than $3000 !!!! ... so mum's the word!
Old May 12th 2004, 9:42 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi Petra

That made me laugh our hubbies will get on so well

I love babies go all broody when i see them but will not have anymore now, it would be too much of a gap between kids and anyway i have a new life to get on with.

footie xx
My hubby's great now the kids are older but he was crap at nappies etc. I have fond memories of wanting to murder him when I was up in the middle of the bl**dy night breastfeeding, changing pooey bums and then trying to get the little blighters back to sleep again. Meanwhile my darling hubby 'slept like a baby'..gently snoring away while I listened to several million decibels of bawling!!!

All I can say is he's lucky all the sharp knives were downstairs in the kitchen....
Old May 12th 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

They announced it in the budget 2 days ago.

Instead of doing this why don't they just think properly and actually pay women who do work, decent maternity pay. That would help the right sort of people out.

Compared to the Uk the Matenity pay out here is abismal from what I have heard.

They need to encourage people to have kids so they can stop letting us immigrants in!! Grow your own instead rather than importing them
Old May 12th 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Old May 12th 2004, 11:36 pm
ABCDiamond

This "Maternity Payment" isn't quite as good as it seems at first glance, for the lower paid !

It is $3,000 per child born on or after July 1st 2004, and it will rise to $5,000 by 2008.

However, it replaces existing payments that totalled $3,342:
  • Baby Bonus - $842 once off
  • Maternity Allowance - $500 per year for 5 years
These were subject to income tests, but the new payment is for everyone.

I haven't seen this comparison info being mentioned in the papers yet, but I am sure I am right

Old May 13th 2004, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I may be being shallow but I for one am grateful for the new legislation with the arrival of our 3rd later in the year. It also means that going back to work part-time is more worth while as I was basically going to be working to cover childcare but wanted to do it to keep my options open for the future.

Everyone who gets family benefit part A will get $600 per child in the next few weeks and then can also claim a further $600 per child with their tax return in a couple of months.

May not be a lot, but it will pay for something major that we would have done without. Hubby is eyeing up a dishwasher - the electric kind
Old May 13th 2004, 8:36 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Guess what, Mr B spotted this one! He wants to know where to sign up....

If he has his way we'll have at least 10 ankle-biters. This is what happens when you agree to marry an only child with a paranoia about being on his own!

I draw the line at 3. Mind you, that's $9000. Can we get the cash in advance????!
Old May 13th 2004, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Default Beautiful babies

Originally posted by artep
nahhhh you don't want anymore 'screaming shit machines' as my hubby affectionately calls them .....he's sooo paternal it brings a tear to the eye...
My favourite baby sketch was in "Absolutely" (anyone remember that?) where a bunch of women were billing and cooing over a pram and one said "Ah, isn't she beautiful", and the bloke passing by leans over and says "Nope, it's just like all other babies, a horrible ugly pink bag of shit"!

Made me laugh anyway! (and we'd just had our first...)
Old May 13th 2004, 11:52 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bundy
Guess what, Mr B spotted this one! He wants to know where to sign up....

If he has his way we'll have at least 10 ankle-biters. This is what happens when you agree to marry an only child with a paranoia about being on his own!

I draw the line at 3. Mind you, that's $9000. Can we get the cash in advance????!
Bundy,
I'm like your old man, that I wonna large family.

Could it be that our contribution is the small bit at the start :scared:

I just like the idea of a big family.

Bye
Mark
Old May 13th 2004, 11:56 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by markeh
Bundy,
I'm like your old man, that I wonna large family.

Could it be that our contribution is the small bit at the start :scared:

I just like the idea of a big family.

Bye
Mark

Too flippin' right! No way I'm spending the next couple of decades the size of a bus!

He was also be a great dad from the kids' point of view as he has the mentality of a child, but not so good from my point of view

I like the idea of a big family too, just not if I have to give birth to them all
Old May 13th 2004, 2:53 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beautiful babies

Originally posted by jeff hardy
My favourite baby sketch was in "Absolutely" (anyone remember that?) where a bunch of women were billing and cooing over a pram and one said "Ah, isn't she beautiful", and the bloke passing by leans over and says "Nope, it's just like all other babies, a horrible ugly pink bag of shit"!

Made me laugh anyway! (and we'd just had our first...)
Old May 13th 2004, 4:58 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

You're all forgetting that 3000 smackers upfront doesn't exactly compensate for 200,000 smackers down the toilet by the time they finish their edjication.
Old May 13th 2004, 5:20 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Tina J and ABCD have the best points - the $3000 is an ill disguised bribe a one off payment designed to sound large. There is no decent maternity provision for working mums in Aus or non working one for that case. Change the legislation not the payment!

Lucky for me I have had my 1.7, I am in the formative years of spending every bit of money I have on the buggers. I would like to see Johnny spend a bit more on government education for the little bleeders once you have em!

Old May 13th 2004, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

How about, just making sure that you have enough financial provision, to provide for your said choice number of children, without relying on handouts from elsewhere?

We have done this - we have two children, who were planned for and wanted and we can afford to raise them, provide for them and give them whatever they may need.

Simple really.
Old May 13th 2004, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't claim child benefit then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.