Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$3000 to increase the population.

$3000 to increase the population.

Old May 12th 2004, 5:35 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default $3000 to increase the population.

Ive been told the Oz government are bringing in an incentive to encourage Oz residents to have more children, apparently if you have a third child you get $3000 dollars, now he could be winding me up but apparently they are trying to increase the younger population.

As much as i love my two horrors, $3000 is not enough for me, in fact it would be quite hard to put an amount on it but it would be nearer the million mark....

Anybody gonna take them up on it?
Old May 12th 2004, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah - would be good as we'd love another little'un, in a few years time. This would take us up to 3, but that would be it! (Snip, snip.... :scared: )
Old May 12th 2004, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

bindi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $3000 to increase the population.

Originally posted by leanda
Ive been told the Oz government are bringing in an incentive to encourage Oz residents to have more children, apparently if you have a third child you get $3000 dollars, now he could be winding me up but apparently they are trying to increase the younger population.

As much as i love my two horrors, $3000 is not enough for me, in fact it would be quite hard to put an amount on it but it would be nearer the million mark....

Hi leanda,

Yep its true! Check out this article from the Sydney Morning Herald...

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...041413803.html

It STARTS at $3000, but by 2008 that will have risen to $5000!

I am still trying to stop myself from laughing at the Treasurer Peter Costello's comment encouraging Australians to have children to stop the aging demographic.... I can't believe he actually said...
"If you can have children it's a good thing to do - you should have one for the father, one for the mother and one for the country."
Old May 12th 2004, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Whether it be $3000 or $5000, its still not enough to properly provide for and raise a child, financially.

Whilst I can see the idea behind it, money shoulden't be used as an incentive to breed children.

It's a large can of worms they could be opening, can you imagine? - All those that belong to the 'don't want to work, I'll just keep popping kids out ' brigade - bet they're rubbing their hands together and already spending their $3000 on beers and cigs.
Old May 12th 2004, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

It's a large can of worms they could be opening, can you imagine? - All those that belong to the 'don't want to work, I'll just keep popping kids out ' brigade - bet they're rubbing their hands together and already spending their $3000 on beers and cigs. [/QUOTE]

I thought that only happened in Poole mate!
hugs
rach x
Old May 12th 2004, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, its everywhere, i'm afraid.

Still, if you, me and the average person keep paying our taxes, it'll keep the 'scumbags' in beer eh?

Last edited by steandleigh; May 12th 2004 at 6:55 pm.
Old May 12th 2004, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Doesn't mean the kids will turn out like the parents.

That's my hope with my kids, anyway.
I agree with you Don, that not all children from scummy parents ( ie, the aforementioned 'pop 'em out brigade ) turn out to be bad 'uns themselves.

I think your kids will be fine.

Addenum:

( before I get flamed: )

I do not think that everyone should only have one or two children - yes it is personal choice.

If you have one child, 2, 3 4 or forty, you should make sure you have adequate provision financially for those children and have those children because they are WANTED and not because of a financial incentive.

Rant over.
Old May 12th 2004, 7:06 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by steandleigh
Whether it be $3000 or $5000, its still not enough to properly provide for and raise a child, financially.

Whilst I can see the idea behind it, money shoulden't be used as an incentive to breed children.

It's a large can of worms they could be opening, can you imagine? - All those that belong to the 'don't want to work, I'll just keep popping kids out ' brigade - bet they're rubbing their hands together and already spending their $3000 on beers and cigs.
Doesn't mean the kids will turn out like the parents.

That's my hope with my kids, anyway.
Old May 12th 2004, 7:28 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I don't think its every third child, I thought it was every kid born after 1st July & its just to save paying Maternity leave but I agree its a funny way of doing it.
Old May 12th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steandleigh
Nope, its everywhere, i'm afraid.

Still, if you, me and the average person keep paying our taxes, it'll keep the 'scumbags' in beer eh?
Eh... eh... calling me a scumbag (belches and wipes belch on sleeve)...
Only joking!

It's nice to have a bit extra, if you're planning on having another child anyway.
Old May 12th 2004, 9:18 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

NO amount of money could convince me to have another child....not even $3000 for every year of its life!!!! Anyway my bloke's had his appointment with a couple of bricks so we couldn't even if we wanted to!
Old May 12th 2004, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

`Would if i could,but i can`t` hubbie would kill me or leave me

footie x
Old May 12th 2004, 9:27 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by footie chick
`Would if i could,but i can`t` hubbie would kill me or leave me

footie x
nahhhh you don't want anymore 'screaming shit machines' as my hubby affectionately calls them .....he's sooo paternal it brings a tear to the eye...
Old May 12th 2004, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Petra

That made me laugh our hubbies will get on so well

I love babies go all broody when i see them but will not have anymore now, it would be too much of a gap between kids and anyway i have a new life to get on with.

footie xx
Old May 12th 2004, 9:29 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

They were talking about doing something similar in the UK a couple of years ago - £1k when a child is born which they only got when they finished school or something. I assume it never happened though???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.