Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$2.61 and rising!!

$2.61 and rising!!

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys can buy your $$ now with money corps, all you do is set the rate from now and that rate will be fixed for a year i think. Its just hedging your rate, they charge £15 for each transaction
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 11:12 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

In early Feb the experts were predicting further drops from $2.30's to the $2.20 mark. I went against the grain and said it will weaken - it did and within a month had hit $ 2.40.

In early May I predicted $2.70 - it's almost there now.

I wrote these things on this forum but did you listen ?
You think I am just a laughable lion don't you ?
Well let me tell you, I didn't get where I am today just by being a laughable lion.

Now can I make a third correct prediction.........yes......but it's my little secret
Old Jun 4th 2004, 12:02 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Awww, c'mon Bix,

Share your expert opinion with us mere mortals....

Elaine M
Old Jun 4th 2004, 12:17 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: $2.61 and rising!!

Originally posted by GengaKev
Anybody else waiting with baited breath to see where it's going to end???.

Logging into HIFX every 10mins, not a lot of work going to get today...

Cheers for that made me feel even more sick. We sold at 2.33 and just seen that houses on my street now selling 30k more than when I sold up 10 months ago.

Oh well I guess I am here and we have jobs and a house so should be thankful

Jo
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:18 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Alan Collett
You may - yes we have (personally), and I understand our clients have too.

You can reach their Migration Desk via UK number 01753 859159.

Best regards.
Excellent I will give them a call

Thank You
ACE
Old Jun 4th 2004, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

dave.t is an unknown quantity at this point

God, this is killing us, we're completing on our house sale on the 18th June...we can't do anything 'til then.

Anything over 2.4 is a fantastic bonus for us, that's what we did all our sums on!!
Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:16 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to hifx about a forward contract ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by dave.t
God, this is killing us, we're completing on our house sale on the 18th June...we can't do anything 'til then.

Anything over 2.4 is a fantastic bonus for us, that's what we did all our sums on!!