Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$2.61 and rising!!

$2.61 and rising!!

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by plumber
Thanks for reminding me!!!!!

yours

plum ( the brought at 2.40 brigade)

ps watched it drop solid for 12mths.....and couldn't take any more and snapped !!!!
Same as us Plum we are now 20 thousand out of pocket. We were like you kept reading that it was going to drop to 2.2 etc and we got scared.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:05 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default o/t

what a buzz it must be to be a trader

did a quick search to see the history on this forum just took the first result i found when the dollar had been $2.90
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=dollar

(there is another thread saying $3.03-i think dotty posted
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by itsasecret
Thanks Alan,

The news also says something about oz economy not doing as good (slowing down in the 1st quater.)

http://au.dailynews.yahoo.com/financ...074479152.html

Personally, I reckon the Aus economy isn't big enough to have anything but a secondary influence on exchange rates. The driver is the fact that the news coming out of US is leading people to think interest rates will go up there sooner than they thought and as Alan said, the money flows are coming out of currencies such as Aus $.

Short of major US recovery problems that will affect future interest rate decisions there, I think Aus $ will continue to weaken.

Just my opinion and hope (still haven't sold house!).
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:30 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait......just had a thought, haven't emptied the kids money boxes, plus the large whisky jar which acts as a door stop in the kichen.!!!!

all the best plum

ps Maybe things are looking up, turned a corner ...so to speak!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by itsasecret
Thanks Alan,

The news also says something about oz economy not doing as good (slowing down in the 1st quater.)

http://au.dailynews.yahoo.com/financ...074479152.html
And so Australian interest rates are expected to be unchanged for the short term and so investments in $A's will not have increasing returns, reducing the demand for $A's and forcing down the price (exchange rate) meaning the $A is worth less (not worthless!) in terms of £'s.

OzTennis
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: o/t

Originally posted by seang
what a buzz it must be to be a trader

did a quick search to see the history on this forum just took the first result i found when the dollar had been $2.90
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=dollar

(there is another thread saying $3.03-i think dotty posted
We did a big transfer @ $3.0296 on 28/9/01

Our lowest transfer so far has been $2.3780 on 25/6/99!

When we moved to the UK we only paid $1.33 per £!!

We haven't transferred in the last 6 months, waiting for the above $2.60's to return. Now, if we can only just time it right when we move our house sale proceeds!!

OzTennis
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 11:41 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by OzTennis
We did a big transfer @ $3.0296 on 28/9/01

Our lowest transfer so far has been $2.3780 on 25/6/99!

We haven't transferred in the last 6 months, waiting for the above $2.60's to return. Now, if we can only just time it right when we move our house sale proceeds!!

OzTennis
What a Beaut have you seen it at last update on Currencies.com it went up to 2.6408 - Keep it coming. You could always use your credit cards???!!!!
:scared:
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the figure you're aiming for?

My greed has a life of it's own....come on $2.70!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:31 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis

OzTennis
I was in Sydney around the time it was trading at that(97'ish?)- but it was before I got me a "career" -just comparing my current salary at that figure -wow
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 11:54 am
Just Joined

barbie boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I have just bought some dollars at 2.622 from www.currencies.co.uk Buy Buy Buy

Kev
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by GengaKev
Whats the figure you're aiming for?

My greed has a life of it's own....come on $2.70!!!!

so nearly there!!
this was with oz forex!!
the excitement!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

It hit $2.65 briefly with HIFX!!!, Just ordered a better spec of dealer from the Nissan dealer in Perth..!!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:47 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Have a read here:
http://www.hifx.co.uk/pservices/emigration.asp

I have just had a chat with hifx in Windsor and it seems the driver behind the currency movement is some good economic news from the US, which is causing investors to bale out of what have been higher yielding currencies such as A$'s and back into US$'s.

Best regards.
Thanks very much for that. This sounds like a very sensible option, may I ask if you or your clients have had sucessful dealings with this company?

Kind regards
ACE
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:49 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by GengaKev
Sent PM to ya, ACE
Thanks GK
ACE
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:54 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

You may - yes we have (personally), and I understand our clients have too.

You can reach their Migration Desk via UK number 01753 859159.

Best regards.

Originally posted by ACE
Thanks very much for that. This sounds like a very sensible option, may I ask if you or your clients have had sucessful dealings with this company?

Kind regards
ACE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.