Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$110k...Is this enough ? !

$110k...Is this enough ? !

Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:59 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: $110k...Is this enough ? !

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We are. We currently have a $350k mortgage.
wow 350k....You must be doing it tough.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You want to try coming on a 457 to NSW. Not only do you not get LAFHA on school fees, you get a bloody great bill for public schools. I think I paid something close to $30k before we got off the 457.
I need some financial tips. My mortgage is lower and my wages a bit higher... and I'm bloody skint.
No thanks, it would be bad enough trying to cope with that in Perth. Iam, like us, are you a one income family?
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:08 am
ABCDiamond

No Spudshed in the Illawarra.
In that case, try: 5 Holm Street, Shellharbour 2529. But it may $1.10 there.

Actually I would be interested to know if they do the $1.10 bread there.
I know they charge $2.79 for a Soy Linseed 850g loaf.

Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
I believe 350k is around the average for Perth?????

Why, what are you paying for your student digs??????
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:19 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We are. We currently have a $350k mortgage.
$350k is 26% higher than the average WA First Home buyers mortgage of $277,600, (based on 5,506 new mortgages taken out in Oct 2010) so tougher than the average.

An interesting article on 1960 to 2010 changes in accommodation costs ...
Attached Thumbnails 0k...Is this enough ? !-suncorp-stats-source.png  

Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
$350k is 26% higher than the average WA First Home buyers mortgage of $277,600, (based on 5,506 new mortgages taken out in Oct 2010) so tougher than the average.

An interesting article on 1960 to 2010 changes in accommodation costs ...
so if we recreated the 1960 model, the average house would be $80k and our mortgages would be at around 5% interest......nice
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelenTD
No thanks, it would be bad enough trying to cope with that in Perth. Iam, like us, are you a one income family?
Yep, just me earning. We have a disabled son so its extremly difficult to find anything that my wife can fit in around his care. I work from home more or less full time now, so that has helped her get the occasional day here and there... but no chance of full time.
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

110k is the equivilant of earning two salaries off 55k
Would you not get more take home pay with 2x $55K?

My thinking is ....as you have then 2x $6K Tax free thresholds and the remainder of both are still in the 15% & 30% bands.. (not reaching the 40% band)
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
In that case, try: 5 Holm Street, Shellharbour 2529. But it may $1.10 there.

Actually I would be interested to know if they do the $1.10 bread there.
I know they charge $2.79 for a Soy Linseed 850g loaf.
had to look it up.

We have actually started doing some shopping in Aldi and the bread seems OK. Some of the stuff really is cheap and nasty though. 20 burgers for $4.99 was cheaper than the dog chews I get the mutt !
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

had to look it up.

We have actually started doing some shopping in Aldi and the bread seems OK. Some of the stuff really is cheap and nasty though. 20 burgers for $4.99 was cheaper than the dog chews I get the mutt !
Try eating the dog chews, that would save money
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Probably taste better too
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
I'd have to fight the dog for them....and he's got bigger teeth than me. He's a real killer.
Attached Thumbnails 0k...Is this enough ? !-wilbur.jpg  
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
Probably taste better too
I can once remember posting on here that I had bought some tins of stewing steak from Aldi that were cheaper than dog food, and that, despite being fond of licking his own arse, he wouldn't eat the stewing steak.

I questioned what that said about some Aldi products.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, just me earning. We have a disabled son so its extremly difficult to find anything that my wife can fit in around his care. I work from home more or less full time now, so that has helped her get the occasional day here and there... but no chance of full time.
Your situation shows how families with special needs fall between the cracks in the system. My kids have had lots of health professional treatments, and it can be really hard to get appointments, even from those in private practice, so trying to get part-time work around family commitments is really hard. I'm trying to get myself set up so that I can work from home, get them to where they need to be, and not incur out-of-school care fees as well as the medical fees. This is when you wish you had family around to help out, but if you don't, you just have to manage as well as you can.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:52 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Thats because you live in Clarkson which by definition is one of the worst suburbs in Australia and 90% of the population there would be below the poverty line.
Not that I live in Clarkson, but you obviously don't quite understand what is meant by "poverty line".
http://www.melbourneinstitute.com/la...y/default.html

Also the cost of living is almost double in Perth compared to the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
I have a fair amount of family who live in the northern beaches of Sydney and we're in Perth ... and you're totally off the mark. Sydney (especially the northern suburbs) is in no way cheaper than Perth.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/...-1225885763792

And here's a more accurate ratio that's applicable to you ... 90% of your posts are a load of crock!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.