Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$110k...Is this enough ? !

$110k...Is this enough ? !

Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $110k...Is this enough ? !

Originally Posted by bcworld
Surely, if they don't like you telling them that means they don't like it?
money well spent on a university education then!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:39 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Actually, I don't live in Clarkson. We used to, but have built a house elsewhere.

And we have plenty of disposable income. As a matter of fact, I've just booked a 3 week trip to Asia.

Try going on a 3 week asian holiday when you're mortgaged through the roof lol.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Thanks chrissystevo, it's another factor that migrants have to consider. If you coming over to a low or middle income, some might save on rental costs be moving to a cheaper area, but sometimes that means that the local school is not going to suit. Then people can find themselves in a bit of a trap, and end up having to pay private school fees. If LAFHA allowed for state school fees (for 457 visa holders) or private school fees, it would help families a lot and it's a shame that it doesn't cover it. BTW, I was told that WA state MPs can get private school fees taken off their (considerable) income before tax, don't know if that's true, but it's alright for some.
You want to try coming on a 457 to NSW. Not only do you not get LAFHA on school fees, you get a bloody great bill for public schools. I think I paid something close to $30k before we got off the 457.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:41 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I don't live in Clarkson. We used to, but have built a house elsewhere.

And we have plenty of disposable income. As a matter of fact, I've just booked a 3 week trip to Asia.
He is a absolute tool Dorothy, don't engage with him.

http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/ABS...n=false#Income

Not sure if that works or not Dweebie but here are some stats for Clarkson. Makes for interesting reading for such a dump.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:43 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

2006 was along time ago.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
I believe Dorothy already mentioned she has a mortgage. Whether it is through the roof or not we do not know.

However the point is daft, it is like saying "try spending all your money on X when you have already chosen to spend most of it on Y". Nonsense.

The point is Dorothy lives in Perth area, owns a house (with mortgage) and goes on overseas holidays. Something you said is not possible.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

2006 was along time ago.
You are a tool, I know it and so does everyone else. You make statements with absolutely no evidence to back it up. You have never lived in most of the places you slate and you make statements about things because your friends second cousin twice removed told you something therefore it must be true.

Oh well Dweebie, not long till school starts again.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:53 pm
Banned

Neither do you. I think you'll find there are people who do regularly agree with what I say. Also you wouldn't be able to find many information on what I say as it would hurt this countries multi billion dollar immigration industry.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We are. We currently have a $350k mortgage.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Neither do you. I think you'll find there are people who do regularly agree with what I say. Also you wouldn't be able to find many information on what I say as it would hurt this countries multi billion dollar immigration industry.

How do you know it exists then
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:05 am
Account Closed

We are. We currently have a $350k mortgage.
I need some financial tips. My mortgage is lower and my wages a bit higher... and I'm bloody skint.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I need some financial tips. My mortgage is lower and my wages a bit higher... and I'm bloody skint.
Shop at Spudshed, 99 cents for a loaf of lovely white bread
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Move to Sydney...it's Thailand.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Shop at Spudshed, 99 cents for a loaf of lovely white bread
No Spudshed in the Illawarra.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
Move to Sydney...it's Thailand.
Well the Gong must be Bangladesh then 'cos the houses in Sydney are bloody expensive compared to here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.