Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$100 000 when can i put it in aussie account?

$100 000 when can i put it in aussie account?

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Lightbulb $100 000 when can i put it in aussie account?

Could anyone please let me know when i should deposit the $100000 in an Australian Account for the extra 5 points

As i have the money now would it be advisable to do it now??? and would the 12 months start from the time i put it in or from the time adelaide asks for it (in say 5 or 6 mths time?)

Many Thanks in advance
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 10:04 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Re: $100 000 when can i put it in aussie account?

Originally posted by Tambo:

Could anyone please let me know when i should deposit the $100000 in an Australian Account for the extra 5 points

As i have the money now would it be advisable to do it now??? and would the 12 months start from the time i put it in or from the time adelaide asks for it (in say 5 or 6 mths time?)

Many Thanks in advance
Do it now, I'll email you the account details!
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: $100 000 when can i put it in aussie account?

hi you have to wait for a form asking you to make the investmant from AHC because the banks in auss ask for this form when you make the investment.
cheers tipper. ps do a search and type in your question at the top of this 4rum.youll be amazed.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

You can open an oz bank account at any time (we have just done it although we wont be going for another 12 months) but I suggest you watch the exchange rate because you can gain or lose a lot by transfering your 35k on the wrong day!
Give Nathan a ring at Currencies Direct 020 7813 0332

Cheers
Doub