Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$100,000 investment bond "HELP"

$100,000 investment bond "HELP"

Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

lau and mart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $100,000 investment bond "HELP"

Hi all, if any of you have completed the bond request can you please give us some help? Our agent has suggested going to an 'investment agent' to assist, which we obviously dont want to do as they charge even more money!

We have received the 1134 form to send to the state of our choice. It seems that only SA have a bond form on their website to fill in. WA,NSW,and QLD dont have any details on investment they just ask you to email them?

On the SA form, it asks for us to fax the bond application along with the form 1134 and arrange for a telegraphic transfer of the 100k by 4pm the same day. Then send the form via post within ten days.

DIMIA ask us to fill in the 1134 and send it with application for bond to the state of our choice and send them proof of posting. it doesnt say anything about how to pay etc on their forms.

If any of you have gone through this process can you please give us a blow by blow account of what you did? It really would be a great help.

Thanks
Mart
Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:25 am
ABCDiamond

Look at this thread, bottom of page 2

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=225399

Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:51 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $100,000 investment bond "HELP"

Why on earth do you need to consult an "investment agent" (whatever that is)? I would contact the Treasury Corporations at the State and Territory Governments to find out their rates of interest and procedures (see here for links to the Treasury Corps:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=155). Telephone them or send them an email if their websites don't seem to provide the information you are after (if you decide to telephone them note that it is the ANZAC Day Public Holiday in most of Australia tomorrow - Monday).

Once you have decided which Treasury Corp is going to receive your money you then need to decide how you are going to transfer the funds. I usually suggest using Halewood International (T 01753 859 159) but I dare say there are other ways of arranging a transfer of funds.

Then:

- send the form 1134 to the Treasury Corp, maybe via the Royal Mail's signed for service
- obtain confirmation of posting from the Post Office, and send it to your DIMIA case officer (this would usually be requested in the letter from the case officer requesting lodgement of the A$100k investment)
- wait for the grant of your visa

It is probably worthwhile checking safe receipt of your form 1134 at the Treasury Corp about a week after you send it, as I know others have had a few issues with forms going missing (=> retain a copy of the form 1134, just in case ...).

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by lau and mart
Hi all, if any of you have completed the bond request can you please give us some help? Our agent has suggested going to an 'investment agent' to assist, which we obviously dont want to do as they charge even more money!

We have received the 1134 form to send to the state of our choice. It seems that only SA have a bond form on their website to fill in. WA,NSW,and QLD dont have any details on investment they just ask you to email them?

On the SA form, it asks for us to fax the bond application along with the form 1134 and arrange for a telegraphic transfer of the 100k by 4pm the same day. Then send the form via post within ten days.

DIMIA ask us to fill in the 1134 and send it with application for bond to the state of our choice and send them proof of posting. it doesnt say anything about how to pay etc on their forms.

If any of you have gone through this process can you please give us a blow by blow account of what you did? It really would be a great help.

Thanks
Mart
Old Apr 25th 2004, 10:42 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

We've done exactly what Alan as suggested , phoned up QLD treasury about a week after sending 1134 form +bond. It took about 11 days before they acknowlodged receipt, did start panicking abit when after 10 days they still hadn't received anythink. I know its alot of money but next time would send it via courier for piece of mind.
Treasury processed everything same day and sent relevant paperwork on thursday, have emailed case officer letting her know it's on its way.
Hopefully we'll hear something soon !

all the best plum
Old Apr 25th 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

lau and mart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the info, it's nice to get some helpful feedback when most needed!

Out of interest our bond date is for the end of June and we are hoping to get funds through from our house sale. Is there any movement in the date they give you? Can you ask for an extension or is the date final?

If you need an extension does the case officer make the decision on dates etc?

Thanks
M
Old Apr 25th 2004, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I think that they give you 49 days to sort this out. I think you can ask for an extension on this period. I am sure someone on here did so.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:38 am
rudo1ph

Has everyone who needed the extra 5 points from this bond actually been asked to post the bond? We haven't!!! We are here on a Skilled Sponsored Visa, issued June 2003 and we have never been asked to post our bond......................

Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:28 am
Just Joined

Paul2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: $100,000 investment bond "HELP"

Dear Alan,

Just curious if DIMIA, in 100k skilled Visa vs 750k business Visa, demands to know where does the fund come from?? If my house is not sold yet, can I borrow the money from family members?

Thanks,

Paul2003
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:45 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

In the case of a skilled visa the DIMIA isn't particularly interested where the A$100k comes from.

In the case of a business skills visa (and I take it you are thinking of an Investor visa here) the Designated Investment of A$750k must come from your investment or business activities - you would be asked to confirm this and to evidence the availability of the same to the DIMIA case officer.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Paul2003
Dear Alan,

Just curious if DIMIA, in 100k skilled Visa vs 750k business Visa, demands to know where does the fund come from?? If my house is not sold yet, can I borrow the money from family members?

Thanks,

Paul2003
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Luke&Liza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett
It is probably worthwhile checking safe receipt of your form 1134 at the Treasury Corp about a week after you send it, as I know others have had a few issues with forms going missing (=> retain a copy of the form 1134, just in case ...).
Hi

I can vouch for what Alan has metioned although our form 1134 made it to Queensland Treasury and was sent to ASPC it never made it back to adelaide, nor did a subsequent fax.......then again our application was jinxed with missing paperwork!!

got the visa granted now though!!!!

regards

Luke
Old Apr 27th 2004, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rudo1ph
Has everyone who needed the extra 5 points from this bond actually been asked to post the bond? We haven't!!! We are here on a Skilled Sponsored Visa, issued June 2003 and we have never been asked to post our bond......................
We've been wondering the same. Needed the extra 5 points but there was no mention of the bond when we got the confirmation letter through. We've now received passports back complete with visas - but still no request for bond. Can we go ahead or do we run the risk of being turned back at Brissie????
Old Apr 27th 2004, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

You are a jammy dodger!! I cannot see how they can ask for it now - you better ask JAJ or Alan collett.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by debsy
You are a jammy dodger!! I cannot see how they can ask for it now - you better ask JAJ or Alan collett.
Hey Debs, am I the jammy dodger? If so, cooooool.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:36 pm
rudo1ph

Hi Off2oz, we've been here since August and no one tried to turn us away at immigration . Go for it. I don't see why they would request it now the visa is issued. All they want to see at immigration is your passport with the right bits of paper in it.

Good Luck

Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by rudo1ph
Hi Off2oz, we've been here since August and no one tried to turn us away at immigration . Go for it. I don't see why they would request it now the visa is issued. All they want to see at immigration is your passport with the right bits of paper in it.

Good Luck
Fab. Thanks a lot for that. Hubby will be pleased!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.