Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$10 pints in Perth

$10 pints in Perth

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default $10 pints in Perth

The high COL in Perth does not normally worry me but this caught my attention and has pissed me off a bit:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=19394

Basically GBP4 for a pint, way more expensive than London.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $10 pints in Perth

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The high COL in Perth does not normally worry me but this caught my attention and has pissed me off a bit:

That's shocking!! My local (not the Ritz, but good enough) is $5,90.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:09 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

<Shakes head and waits for incoming posts about how you now have to mortgage your small-holding in France and the cat to afford a pint in London>
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

$10

It'd have to be a big pint glass for me to pay $10

It's $4 to $5 here.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geordie George
<Shakes head and waits for incoming posts about how you now have to mortgage your small-holding in France and the cat to afford a pint in London>
How long have you been away?! I think you'll find you have to sell your first born child for a pint in London these days.

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
$10

It'd have to be a big pint glass for me to pay $10

It's $4 to $5 here.
You can get VB, Tooheys new & other such dishwater for $5-7 at most pubs. Coopers, Little Creatures, Redback etc is normally $8-9 & now apparently $10.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:35 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

In the Bailey last week in Joondalup i paid $6.00 for a tia maria. Half hour later i got another one..it cost me $7..half hour later i got another one which cost $7.50.
Why was it going up in price? were they ripping me off on purpose, does the price go up hourly
I then left the pub and went home. I will ask next time though.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

You can get VB, Tooheys new & other such dishwater for $5-7 at most pubs. Coopers, Little Creatures, Redback etc is normally $8-9 & now apparently $10.

I don't like coopers, it's foul!!. Not tried the other two yet though

I usually buy whatever's on offer that day. I've never been too fussy
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
How long have you been away?! I think you'll find you have to sell your first born child for a pint in London these days.

Pints in London can range from GBP2.20 in Weatherspoons (even cheaper sometimes) to GBP3.50 in somewhere like All Bar One. You would have to go to a pretty upmarket place to pay GBP4 and over. It's not common to pay that much in London.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:44 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bloody rip off, I noticed it first a couple of months back when down in Busselton, that pretty average bar in the middle of town charged something like $9.40 for a pint of Stella. I queried it with two different barmen but it was correct. Needless to say I didnt have a second pint...

New bar in Subi opened before Christmas (Essbar), a pint of Asahi there is $10 and Hoegaarden is $14 a pint.

I've finally collected up my 150 stubbies and am off to U-Brew-It at the weekend to give that a whirl.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by paulrachel
In the Bailey last week in Joondalup i paid $6.00 for a tia maria. Half hour later i got another one..it cost me $7..half hour later i got another one which cost $7.50.
Why was it going up in price? were they ripping me off on purpose, does the price go up hourly
That's what they do in Dublin (more expensive than London IMO). The price goes up as the night gets later.

Not cool.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Pints in London can range from GBP2.20 in Weatherspoons (even cheaper sometimes) to GBP3.50 in somewhere like All Bar One. You would have to go to a pretty upmarket place to pay GBP4 and over. It's not common to pay that much in London.
I was just there 3 weeks ish ago. I thought that the prices were pretty similar to here (Melbourne). I think the most I paid for a pint was about GBP 3,70 and that was in Weybridge, not London.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:51 am
Account Closed

They did that at a pub in Sydney that I used to go to. After 11 they increased the price of all drinks. They also charged different prices for drinks in different rooms of the hotel so a drink in the beer garden was more expensive than one in the main room of the place. Stupid really.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

they were probably penalising you for drinking that crap
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:13 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I always drink Cooper sparkling ale by the bottle {rolled not tipped] at the bar.
average $5.20 too $ 5.70....in most SA pubs thats 375ml bit less than a SA pint 425 mil at about $4.20 average............... mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.