Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$1.48 to the £ today....this is getting ridiculous

$1.48 to the £ today....this is getting ridiculous

Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $1.48 to the £ today....this is getting ridiculous

Originally Posted by Mike at Taree
Used to be the other way round until the last few years. When we went to the UK on holiday in 2000, you could get a feed in a typical Westfield Aussie food court for 2 Adults and 2 kids for a $20 note, in the UK we had to chuck over a fifty pound note for a similar feed.
Yehp I remember those days really well. Can remember when I first came to Aus back in 76/77 for a holiday and participating in my first BBQ, I was absolutely aghast, horrified, shocked, non plussed, when they threw about 15 or more perfectly edible left over lamb chops to the dogs.

That definitely wouldn't have happened in the UK back then. True culture shock

Come to think about it, probably wouldn't happen in Aus today either.

Meat in Aus was real cheap back then.

Re the exchange rate.... there goes my straight swap kind for kind 3 bed detached gaffe Melbourne v London, LOL

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 3rd 2013 at 8:46 am.