Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New member needs lots of advice!!!

New member needs lots of advice!!!

Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

macky is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation New member needs lots of advice!!!

Hi,

Please can anyone advise.... Have been on a site that gives an idea whether you can qualify for migration to Aus!!! After filling in details requested, came back 'Do not qualify'!!!!

My hubby is a Sales Manager (Rep) in the construction industry, and I am a trainer in the NHS. our job descriptions do not appear on SOL....

Is this the norm and should we carry on regardless, etc, etc....... So Fed up... Surely we must come somewhere on this LIST!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous query 'Re child with autism'.... Something I am researching with NAS (National Autistic Society), and schools in Perth....

Great site...

Manchester City Fan,

Dee (Macky) xx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:01 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: New member needs lots of advice!!!

Originally Posted by macky
Manchester City Fan,

Dee (Macky) xx
The only advice I can offer is not admitting to following City.

Seriously, good luck and welcome.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New member needs lots of advice!!!

Hi,

Please can anyone advise.... Have been on a site that gives an idea whether you can qualify for migration to Aus!!! After filling in details requested, came back 'Do not qualify'!!!!

My hubby is a Sales Manager (Rep) in the construction industry, and I am a trainer in the NHS. our job descriptions do not appear on SOL....

Is this the norm and should we carry on regardless, etc, etc....... So Fed up... Surely we must come somewhere on this LIST!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous query 'Re child with autism'.... Something I am researching with NAS (National Autistic Society), and schools in Perth....

Great site...

Manchester City Fan,

Dee (Macky) xx
Hi,
what sort of Trainer are you in the NHS? What qualies have you both got?
Try posting on the Immigration part of the forum, you need advice from some of the moderators on here, i.e. Alan they post regular on the immigration part but not sure if they look at the lifestyle forum
Good Luck in everything Marie
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

GazzaGeorgie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I reakon you should speak to an agent for advice
Hi,

Great site...

Manchester City Fan,

Dee (Macky) xx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Cheeky!!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! Sorry to here that Have you looked at Australia house web site they have a list of jobs that are needed and what type of points you will get.

There is also a new type of visa (Temporary visa) sounds scarey but if you are having problems may be another way to try.

Good luck!!! Sue2
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:20 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dee, Sales & Marketing Manager is on the SOL - code 1231-11. Sales Rep is on there too but only worth 50 points. Not sure exactly how you would classify the NHS trainer in terms of the SOL but often you only need one skilled person to get the family visa!

Good luck.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: New member needs lots of advice!!!

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi,
Try posting on the Immigration part of the forum, you need advice from some of the moderators on here, i.e. Alan they post regular on the immigration part but not sure if they look at the lifestyle forum
I train packages out to New memebers of staff entering the 'Mental Health Occupation' You name them, I train them. Strategies, procedures, Health and Safety etc, but I don't hold a specific qualification, i.e. degree, diploma. I have NVQ3. My hubby has HGV1 licence (We had our own business). He is also a qualified swimming coach and coaches 'Water Polo' for the 'Northern Counties' any many other teams in the North.

For the last couple of years has worked in the construction industry, and has been vert successful.

We also have distant family in Aus i.e. Cousins of my in laws of whom we visited this year...........Surely we must comply?????????

Dee xxx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hi Dee, Sales & Marketing Manager is on the SOL - code 1231-11. Sales Rep is on there too but only worth 50 points. Not sure exactly how you would classify the NHS trainer in terms of the SOL but often you only need one skilled person to get the family visa!

Good luck.

But I believe we need 110 points and Neil's skill only scores 50??????????

Dee xx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi,
Thanks for your reply 'Accrington', we live in 'Bury' yeah............. Me = Dee, Hubby = Neil, Kids = 15, 14, 8 and 9...

Luv Dee xx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dee xx

Sorry to say but it`s 120 under general skills Seek some advise from an agent and ask about temp visa, I`ve got a friend in similar situation and they have been offered to try that.

Sue2
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Dee xx
Have you been through the points test? You can still make 110 if you're young enough, speak English, have recent experience and have can find the bonus points (phew! Is that all?)
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue2
Sorry to say but it`s 120 under general skills Seek some advise from an agent and ask about temp visa, I`ve got a friend in similar situation and they have been offered to try that.

Sue2
We have been advised 'AGAINST' an agent???? Is it helping your friend ????

Dee x
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

We have been advised 'AGAINST' an agent???? Is it helping your friend ????

Dee x

I am using the same agent as my friend and it is "very" expensive and probably a ripoff but the help with the forms and advice we have had has got us this far and another couple I know are going to perth this september.
So search around on the net and see if you can find one that your happy with.
At the early stages it wont be to expensive it`s only the further you go on the more you pay out, but it will give you a better idea of where you stand.

Sue2
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply 'Accrington', we live in 'Bury' yeah............. Me = Dee, Hubby = Neil, Kids = 15, 14, 8 and 9...

Luv Dee xx
Hi Dee,
My Hubby is a Paramedic in Bury. I used to work at Bury general Hospital. Small world isn't it! Hope you can get the points, you can get extra points for investing $100,000 in a Bond etc. have a good look on the immigration site www.immi.gov.au
Good Luck Marie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.