Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let`s ban all UK posts from this forum

Let`s ban all UK posts from this forum

Old Mar 16th 2003, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future
Default Let`s ban all UK posts from this forum

Wow,now there`s a thought. Let`s think about it - this is an EXPATS site.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if those still in the UK confined their posts to the "Immigration" board, and those of us over here, the true EXPATS, use the "Lifestyle" board?

That way, neither side would have to look at the other`s views, and maybe we wouldn`t all be bitching at one another...
Old Mar 16th 2003, 9:00 am
Just Joined

feelthebass is an unknown quantity at this point

You'd be a little more bearable and a little less irritating if you lost some of the arrogance and didn't try to put down people with every post
Old Mar 16th 2003, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

What about a special forum, 'Oz, the eighth wonder of the world' discussed by people who have never been there, or who had a very nice 2 weeks in Surfers in 1993.
Old Mar 16th 2003, 10:38 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by dotty
What about a special forum, 'Oz, the eighth wonder of the world' discussed by people who have never been there, or who had a very nice 2 weeks in Surfers in 1993.

How about a 'Whingers Only' forum headed by PB and you then IF anyone wants to hear your jaded points of view they can encroach into that forum???????????????
Old Mar 16th 2003, 11:22 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this just getting a little 'rich', I have only been in Aus since Start May 02, but you are all making dividing lines, there is no way 'this' place or 'that' place is 'better' or 'worse'. It comes down to a point of view and personal opinion. I wanted to know all before I came here, PB makes me laugh some of the time, (and winds me up) he is 'Perth' parochial and small minded , of course! Dotty has decent information and some funny insights.

And though I do not agree with every point (I am very lucky to live in Sydney) they do hit the nail on the head often enough to understand 'same shit different day/place'.

I love and hate what I am doing, equally while I was in the UK I loved and hated that.....sometimes I can actually balance my thoughts and have a laugh.

If I am making sense enough my point is enjoy the diversity on this site - you need to take both sides when living here!!!!

Cheers
Old Mar 16th 2003, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't this forum just a sounding board for all those who migrated to Australia within the last few years, made a complete pig's ear of their lives and now, instead of just crawling home with their tails between their legs, want to drag everyone else down with them ?
Old Mar 16th 2003, 1:30 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by etlniwd
Isn't this forum just a sounding board for all those who migrated to Australia within the last few years, made a complete pig's ear of their lives and now, instead of just crawling home with their tails between their legs, want to drag everyone else down with them ?
This is an awful thing to write, some people bother to write about what life is about here for them.......IT IS NOT ALL SUNSHINE AND SEA! We work hard and play hard, why are the people who say it is not Utopia classed in your eyes as failures. Some People talk about going back to the UK, but other talk about enjoying themselves, not one person is right, it is personal. And every opinion in my view is valid because it is just that an opinion.

I hope for your sake you are never somewhere feeling lonely, wanting back the familiarity that has already bred your contempt!

grow up!
Old Mar 16th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sandra
This is an awful thing to write, some people bother to write about what life is about here for them.......IT IS NOT ALL SUNSHINE AND SEA! We work hard and play hard, why are the people who say it is not Utopia classed in your eyes as failures. Some People talk about going back to the UK, but other talk about enjoying themselves, not one person is right, it is personal. And every opinion in my view is valid because it is just that an opinion.

I hope for your sake you are never somewhere feeling lonely, wanting back the familiarity that has already bred your contempt!

grow up!

I agree that things on either side of the globe maybe aren't perfect and people immigrate for all sorts of reasons but once again it's a personal choice. I certainly don't agree that the forums should be split just to stop a select few having a bitch to one another.

I too find an occassional laugh with PB and dotty can, at times have some very helpful information as well as lots more people on these sites. We are immigrating for our own reasons and whilst things may not be great we'll give it a damn good try.

I hope that all the little snippets of information, GOOD AND BAD, continue and the bitching maybe dies down just a little.

Ginny
Old Mar 16th 2003, 5:14 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Ginny

I agree that things on either side of the globe maybe aren't perfect and people immigrate for all sorts of reasons but once again it's a personal choice.

We are immigrating for our own reasons and whilst things may not be great we'll give it a damn good try.

Ginny
too true, but there is people on here who more or less try and make you change your mind. as if there warning you to stay away and that your making the biggest mistake of our lives.
who are they to know the true reasons why we want to emmergrate? and what really gets my goat is, what do they care? should i find myself hating the place i will not post continued negativity on here like a couple on here do. and dont forget there are only a couple who do.
of the thousands that do migrate to australia doesnt it make you wonder that only a couple bad mouth the place. i look upon it as sour grapes. no happiness in the own lives so they act upon there jelousy.
Old Mar 16th 2003, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

mikeburt is an unknown quantity at this point

it seems to me that a few people regret their decision to leave good old blighty and live in Australia.If this is the case,why don't they just come back?
All I can say,as someone who has lived both in Australia and the UK,is that you can't look back-you've got to look forward,move on and try and remember why you made the move in the first place.
I've decided to try and get back to Australia and have sat down,weighed up the pros and cons ,family considerations etc and find it hard to believe how some of you folks think the UK is so much better than OZ!
The crime rate is colossal,most people don't even bother reporting them now because the police can do nothing-the traffic is horrendous,the weather is a bind,when the sun comes out every man and his dog is on the road trying to take advantage and we all end up spending a hot and sweaty day on the motorway in gridlock,most people don't earn the large salaries that a few people on here bandy around(unless you live in London of course),illegal immigrants are coming in by the busload,being put up in hotels and all this while we have a huge problem with homeless people sleeping on the streets,the prices in the high street shops are ridiculous(I saw a wood carving available in Bali for $2.00,being sold for £39.99-what a RIP OFF!),people are miserable,avoid eye contact and are stressed up to the eyeballs,the cities are filthy,the transport system is a disaster ,etc
So get real folks,yes Australia is not paradise,but the Uk is falling apart-John Prescott(just kidding!!!!!!)
Old Mar 16th 2003, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

blah blah blah
Old Mar 16th 2003, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mikeburt
it seems to me that a few people regret their decision to leave good old blighty and live in Australia.If this is the case,why don't they just come back?
All I can say,as someone who has lived both in Australia and the UK,is that you can't look back-you've got to look forward,move on and try and remember why you made the move in the first place.
I've decided to try and get back to Australia and have sat down,weighed up the pros and cons ,family considerations etc and find it hard to believe how some of you folks think the UK is so much better than OZ!
The crime rate is colossal,most people don't even bother reporting them now because the police can do nothing-the traffic is horrendous,the weather is a bind,when the sun comes out every man and his dog is on the road trying to take advantage and we all end up spending a hot and sweaty day on the motorway in gridlock,most people don't earn the large salaries that a few people on here bandy around(unless you live in London of course),illegal immigrants are coming in by the busload,being put up in hotels and all this while we have a huge problem with homeless people sleeping on the streets,the prices in the high street shops are ridiculous(I saw a wood carving available in Bali for $2.00,being sold for £39.99-what a RIP OFF!),people are miserable,avoid eye contact and are stressed up to the eyeballs,the cities are filthy,the transport system is a disaster ,etc
So get real folks,yes Australia is not paradise,but the Uk is falling apart-John Prescott(just kidding!!!!!!)
You missed out a few more cliches
Old Mar 16th 2003, 11:11 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let`s ban all UK posts from this forum

Originally posted by pommiesheila
Wow,now there`s a thought. Let`s think about it - this is an EXPATS site.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if those still in the UK confined their posts to the "Immigration" board, and those of us over here, the true EXPATS, use the "Lifestyle" board?

That way, neither side would have to look at the other`s views, and maybe we wouldn`t all be bitching at one another...

Very good point bugger all the want to be Expats off to a dark corner , only thing is it make my day a lot duller with no dreamers to have banter with.

Old Mar 16th 2003, 11:42 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Very good point bugger all the want to be Expats off to a dark corner , only thing is it make my day a lot duller with no dreamers to have banter with.

Don't Want a Pickle
Old Mar 16th 2003, 11:48 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Don't Want a Pickle
In a musical mood then Pal , my turn?

http://www.monkees.net/DOCS/LYRICS/DAYDREAM.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.