Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia

Closed Thread

Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:50 am   #16
arkon 
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $ at 2.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by framac
Why then do the daily papers show it at $2.35.
Seen it a couple of times
Thanks the tourists rates. Ignore them as when you do your big money transfer you will get interbank rates, much better.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:36 am   #17
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewlife
I just hope it holds out until we complete on the house!

got 2.4939 on £5k today at about 17.30, so can't complain

Same here...but can't u take a loan out againt the deposit that your buyer left with your solicitor at exchange. Isn't this money yours should the buyer pull out? Then take this cash and do a forward contract at this rate.

I don't have a visa..and am not expecting it for a another 2 months. Does anyone know the imlications of doing a forward contract now and then not getting the visa? Where would the money sit? Do I need a visa to open an Oz bank account from here first? What if I don't make it to Oz to verify/open my account...how could i get the money back?

Someone must be able to answer this...I can't find any answers anywhere

Thanks
TC
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:05 am   #18
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by framac
Why then do the daily papers show it at $2.35.
Seen it a couple of times

Thats the tourist exchange rate. If you go into say Thomas Cook or Going Places this is the rate you will receive.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 8:08 am   #19
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: $ at 2.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Does anyone know the imlications of doing a forward contract now and then not getting the visa? Where would the money sit? Do I need a visa to open an Oz bank account from here first? What if I don't make it to Oz to verify/open my account...how could i get the money back?

Someone must be able to answer this...I can't find any answers anywhere
Call UKFOREX, they have answered all my questions and I can recommended them.

www.ukforex.co.uk
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia