Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

What are Italian headlines saying about terrorism in Europe?

What are Italian headlines saying about terrorism in Europe?

Old Nov 23rd 2015, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are Italian headlines saying about terrorism in Europe?

I'm just wondering how the Italy media are handling the current Terrorism situation with regards to Paris, Belgium and the UK?

Reason I ask is that I have an Italian lad coming to stay for Christmas and his parents (who I know) are now becoming reluctant to let him fly over and stay with us. (We don't live in a city). He says his mum is reading headlines that are scaring her. Just so you know, he is, the special one......the first born.

Just wondered if the neighbours/family have been scaring her or if its true its what she is reading/seeing on TV.

Any thoughts?

Mrs T
Old Nov 24th 2015, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are Italian headlines saying about terrorism in Europe?

Originally Posted by MrsTeapot
I'm just wondering how the Italy media are handling the current Terrorism situation with regards to Paris, Belgium and the UK?

Reason I ask is that I have an Italian lad coming to stay for Christmas and his parents (who I know) are now becoming reluctant to let him fly over and stay with us. (We don't live in a city). He says his mum is reading headlines that are scaring her. Just so you know, he is, the special one......the first born.

Just wondered if the neighbours/family have been scaring her or if its true its what she is reading/seeing on TV.

Any thoughts?

Mrs T
The press and TV news here is as discouraging as UK TV news and press. Paris, Bruxelles, and the danger possibly faced by London/Rome. Also a lot of emphasis today on the agreements between Cameron/Hollande on air strikes in Syria; and possible UK involvement increasing already high UK terrorist risk.
CCiao for now,
'o nonno
Old Nov 24th 2015, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Ononno.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well where is safe ? Italian girl from Venice was murdered by islamic terrorist in Paris, Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon, Turkey and so on, so were it is safe.? Not that a young person is immune to danger of various kind in Italy and elsewhere. So is a personal choice....
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by highlander1
Well where is safe ? Italian girl from Venice was murdered by islamic terrorist in Paris, Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon, Turkey and so on, so were it is safe.? Not that a young person is immune to danger of various kind in Italy and elsewhere. So is a personal choice....
Italian culture tends not to embrace our 'Keep calm and carry on' attitude.
Old Dec 2nd 2015, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

I was beginning to suspect that. Thanks for that.