Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

What do you think they are up to?

What do you think they are up to?

Old Nov 15th 2012, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you think they are up to?

I had a phonecall on Monday from a very soft speaking Italian woman who knew our family name and who asked me what kind of publicity we use.
I told her I do not watch Italian telly, read the newspapers online and then she asked if I take the volantino from the supermarkets with the offers, to which I said I did.
Today, this same woman called and wanted to give me something in omaggio for taking part in the survey. She wants me to go to a hotel locally and collect a voucher for 1 week free hotel stay anywhere in Italy for 4 people.
I know noone gives you anything for free and I have no intention of going( although if it was true I was going to give this to my friend who is a widow and struggles with 2 kids on a low salary).
Do you think they will try and sell me a timeshare? Very fishy.....
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:02 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think they are up to?

Yes, they definitely will try to sell you something there otherwise they could just as easily send you the voucher in the post.

But everyone's doing timeshare nowadays, even Hilton Holiday resorts, I got a voucher for a 3 day stay for 4 people, including use of a hire car from the airport, for £99 exc. flights subject to attending a 2hr presentation about the timeshare scheme.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future
Default Re: What do you think they are up to?

My somewhat gullible OH answered the phone to someone telling him he'd won some holiday vouchers, which would be arriving by post. When the package arrived, I answered the door and they wanted about €70 for the privilege of receiving it! They were sent packing.