Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

They'd be Locked up In England....

They'd be Locked up In England....

Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:08 pm
Member Of The Family

Engliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really nice
Default They'd be Locked up In England....

Continuing on the "Interesting Thread Theme".......

I'M really interested to hear your stories about italians you've met that are totally bloody CRACKERS !!

I'll get the ball rolling,,,,

Just this morning, i was waiting at the pedestrian crossing like a good Italian, for the green man, (trying not to be tirrone), when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye comes a guy on bike, he stood at the side of me for a second, now i looked him up and down as he looked a bit strange, i said to him in English, "what's up with you ?" he then freaked out, rode off.. not only was he in the middle of the road he was also riding directly into oncoming traffic on the wrong side !!! shouting some kind of song....It was as though my English words poisoned him...He had obviously totally lost the plot and not only was he a danger to others but himself too ! Now this isnt the first time ive come across such people, i met another in Firenze, so its not uncommon.

Who else has come across these crackpots ! And why in the hell are they on the loose ?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Twinkle Canelli will become famous soon enough
Default Re: They'd be Locked up In England....

It's nice but you're right, they'd be locked up in England.

My OH always acknowledges everyone and tries to be friendly, and now he's away and I'm driving his car I have two very odd men who I see several times a day in various locations, that always wave to me. No idea who they are, but I dutifully wave back.....
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:36 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

THREAD MOVED TO AL FRESCO which is for general chit chat about Italian life so that the Italian part can be a little more serious and easier for people to find info about residency, properties, contracts - that sort of thing.

As for crackpots, years ago I was on the main street in the city centre with a girlfriend and my dauguter in a pushchair. When Chloe was a bit tired she used to like to slither down a little in the pushchair.

This old women shouted at me 3 times to "pull her up, poor love", in strong dialect. I ignored her until she caught up with me and kept tapping me on the shoulder saying "pull her up - pull her up - pull her up."
In the end I turned around and said "per la miseria - she likes it like that so mind your own business."

My God, she followed me along the main street shouting and cursing at me and wagging fingers and shouting some more until my friend and I dived into a shop door. The shop lady said "don't mind her, she's harmless" so she was obviously known.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not so sure. Here in London, you regularly see people biking on the pavements, ignoring red lights, etc. A couple of times I've almost been run over by one. I've never seen any of them being stopped by a police officer, let alone arrested...
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Twinkle Canelli will become famous soon enough

Crackpots?? They're all in my local bar...... tonight someone brought their donkey into the bar with them. Drove past after taking the dog for a walk and a guy was just leading the donkey out of the double doors.....