Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Ridere per non piangere ...

Ridere per non piangere ...

Old Aug 31st 2012, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice
Default Re: Ridere per non piangere ...

Brilliant!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Paddy was in the delivery room when the midwife handed him a black baby. 'Is this yours' she asked. 'Probably' said Paddy, 'she burns everything else'.

A mate of mine has just been to see his wife in hospital. She has a broken jaw and 2 black eyes. Seems they were on different wavelengths when she said she wanted decking on the patio.

A biker goes to the doctor with hearing problems. 'Can you describe the symptoms to me?'
'Yes...Homer is a fat yellow lazy b*****d and Marge is a skinny bird with big blue hair.'

Sex therapists claim that the most effective way to arouse your man is to spend 10 minutes licking his ears.
Personally I think it's b***s.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Woman - A Chemical Analysis

Element : Woman
Symbol : Wo
Atomic Weight : Accepted as 118, but known to vary 105-175.
Discoverer : Adam
Occurrence : Copious quantities in all Urban areas, with slightly lower
concentrations in Suburban and Rural areas. Subject to seasonal
fluctuations.

Physical Properties :
a) Surface usually covered with painted film.
b) Boils at nothing, freezes without reason.
c) Melts if given special treatment.
d) Bitter if used incorrectly. Can cause headaches. Handle with care!
e) Found in various states; ranging from virgin metal to common ore.
f) Yields to pressure applied to correct points.

Chemical Properties :
a) Has great affinity for Gold, Silver, Platinum and many precious stones.
b) Absorbs great quantities of expensive substances.
c) May explode spontaneously.
d) Insoluble in liquids, but there is increased activity when saturated in
alcohol to a certain point.
e) Repels cheap material. Neutral to common sense.
f) Most powerful money reducing agent known to Man.

Uses :
a) Highly ornamental, especially in sports cars.
b) Can greatly improve relaxation levels.
c) Can warm and comfort under some circumstances.
d) Can cool things down when it's too hot.

Tests :
a) Pure specimen turns rosy pink when discovered in natural state.
b) Turns green when placed beside a better specimen.

Caution :
a) Highly dangerous except in experienced hands. Use extreme care when handling.
b) Illegal to possess more than one.
I am going to use this one for my next "mechanical engineering" translation. Brilliant!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

A wife is very worried about her husband so she takes him to see the doctor.

After the examination the doctor tells the husband to go and sit in the waiting while he has a word with his wife.

So doctor please tell me the truth, is it serious?

Yes I am afraid it is, he has about 6 months left to live.

Oh Lord! What will I do without my George is there anything I can do?

Funny you should ask that, you could extend his life by about 18 to 24 months.

Really how?

Well, You will need to make sure he is happy and contend because stress and unhappiness is the real killer here. You will need to give him a full body massage three times a week to keep him relaxed, keep him sexual contend by administering to his every need. Basically give him your attention 24 hours a day.

On the way home George said to his wife, so what did the doctor say.

He said you will be dead in 6 months.

Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

AVAILABLE NOW - EVENING CLASSES FOR MEN

ALL WELCOME

Note: due to the complexity and level of difficulty, each course will accept a maximum of eight participants

The course covers two days, lunch will be provided, as will instructions as how to take lunch from its packaging without a woman to hold it for you.

Topics covered on this course include:

DAY ONE

TOILET ROLLS - DO THEY GROW ON THE HOLDERS?
Roundtable discussion

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LAUNDRY BASKET & FLOOR
Practising with hamper (pictures and graphics)

DISHES & CUTLERY; DO THEY LEVITATE/FLY TO KITCHEN SINK OR DISHWASHER BY THEMSELVES?
Debate amongst a panel of experts

REMOTE CONTROL
Losing the remote - Helpline and support groups

LEARNING HOW TO FIND THINGS
Starting with looking in the right place instead of turning the house upside down whilst shouting - Open forum

DAY TWO

EMPTY MILK CARTONS; DO THEY BELONG IN THE FRIDGE OR THE BIN?
Group discussion and role play

HEALTH WATCH; BRINGING HER FLOWERS IS NOT HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH
PowerPoint presentation

REAL MEN ASK FOR DIRECTIONS WHEN LOST
Real life testimonial from the one man who did

IS IT GENETICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SIT QUIETLY AS SHE PARALLEL PARKS?
Driving simulation and anger management

LIVING WITH ADULTS; BASIC DIFFERENCES BETWEEN YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR PARTNER
Role playing and slideshow

HOW TO BE THE IDEAL SHOPPING COMPANION
Relaxation exercises, meditation and breathing techniques

REMEMBERING IMPORTANT DATES & CALLING WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE
Bring your calendar or PDA to class, NOT your secretary

GETTING OVER IT; LEARNING HOW TO LIVE WITH BEING WRONG ALL THE TIME
Individual counsellors available (male counsellers sadly unavailable-none passed training course)
Old Sep 1st 2012, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Three very old and very chaste nuns are waiting at the Pearly Gates to be interviewed by St. Peter. St. Peter comes along and says ' Sisters, we have been watching you, all your long and fruitful lives; your religious fervour, your unflinching help to the poor, the sick, the unhappy people of your world. We have been so impressed that we are going to give you a second chance. You can go back to earth as anyone you wish'.
The first nun says 'OK, then I want to go back as Madonna', and pooof - off she goes.
The second nun says 'and I want to be Sophia Loren', and pooof - off she goes too.
The third nun says 'I would like to go back as Sarah Pipellini'. St. Peter gives her a quizzical look, so she hands him a newspaper. 'Look, like thees' and shows him the headline: 'Sahara pipeline laid by 1400 men in six months'.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 5:36 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the Doctor in England and she said you have high blood pressure and are overweight; therefore you must east less food, drink less alcohol and exercise more.

So I moved to Italy and saw an Italian doctor:

Doctor, I've heard that exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Have a sleep.

OK: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
He said You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables! So a steak is nothing more than an
efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable).
And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

So I asked: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
Well, he said, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
I can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! ..... Foods are fried these days in olive oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Is chocolate bad for me?
Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans ! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Is swimming good for your figure?
If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, said the Doctor, I hope this has cleared up any British misconceptions you may have had about food and diets. And remember: 'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Barolo in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I LIKE ITALY
Old Sep 4th 2012, 11:36 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I went to the Doctor in England and she said you have high blood pressure and are overweight; therefore you must east less food, drink less alcohol and exercise more.

So I moved to Italy and saw an Italian doctor:

Doctor, I've heard that exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Have a sleep.

OK: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
He said You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables! So a steak is nothing more than an
efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable).
And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

So I asked: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
Well, he said, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
I can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!! ..... Foods are fried these days in olive oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Is chocolate bad for me?
Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans ! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Is swimming good for your figure?
If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, said the Doctor, I hope this has cleared up any British misconceptions you may have had about food and diets. And remember: 'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Barolo in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I LIKE ITALY
Was that an Italian 'joke'?
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan was a single chap living at home with his father and working in the family business. When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died, he decided he needed a wife with which to share his fortune.
One evening at an investment meeting he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away.
'I may just look like an ordinary bloke,' he said to her, 'but in just a few years, my father will die and I will inherit £65 million'.
Impressed, the woman obtained his business card, and three months later she became his stepmother.
Women are so much better at financial planning.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

A doctor in Dublin wanted to get off work and go fishing, so he approached his assistant.
'Murphy, I'm going fishing tomorrow and don't want to close the clinic. I want you to take care of the clinic and take care of all me patients.'
'Yes sir!' answers Murphy.
The doctor goes fishing and returns the following day and asks : 'So Murphy, how was your day?'
Murphy told him he took care of three patients. 'The first one had a headache so he did, so I gave him paracetamol.'
'Bravo Murphy lad, and the second one?' asks the doctor.
'The second one had indigestion and I gave him gaviscon, so I did sir' says Murphy.
'Bravo, bravo! You're good at this, and what about the third one?' asks the doctor.
'Sir, I was sitting here and suddenly the door flies open and a gorgeous young woman borsts in so she does. Like a bolt outa the blue, she tears off all her clothes, lies down on the table spreading her legs and shouts "Help me, for the love of St.Patrick, help me! For five years I have not seen any man!"
'Tunderin lard Jaysus Murphy, what did you do?' asks the doctor.
'I put drops in her eyes'
Old Sep 8th 2012, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hilary and Francesco Totti are out in the country on a picnic. They find three hand grenades and decide to take them to a police station. 'What happens if one explodes?' says Hilary. 'Oh, we'll lie, and say there were only two,' says Totti.

Totti is in the bathroom doing his ablutions. Hilary shouts 'did you find the shampoo?' 'Yes', replies Totti, 'but it says for dry hair, and I've just wet mine.'

Totti and Hilary are discussing Christmas. 'I see Christmas falls on a Friday this year,' says Hilary. 'Let's hope it's not the 13th.' says Totti.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/pi...?frame=2336291
Old Sep 13th 2012, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA

Remind me to never stop there for lunch.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

So, Angela Merkel arrives at Passport Control in Rome airport.

“Nationality?” asks the immigration officer.

“German,” she replies.

“Occupation?”

“No, just here for a few days.”
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:06 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

stolen from elsewhere on the internet:

A bus stops and two Italian men get on. They sit down and engage in an animated conversation.
The lady sitting behind them ignores them at first, but her attention is galvanized when she hears one of the men say the following:

"Emma come first.
Den I come.
Den two asses come together.
I come once-a-more.
Two asses, they come together again.
I come again and pee twice.
Then I come one lasta time."
"You foul-mouthed swine, " retorted the lady indignantly. "In this country we don't talk about our sex lives in public!"

"Hey, coola down lady," said the man.
"Who talkin' abouta sexa? I'm a justa tellin' my frienda how to spella Mississippi."

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Sep 18th 2012 at 2:07 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.