Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:47 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
I'm sure they would, but will they be willing to pay is another story
That was my thought too. Or worse, give him €1, or €2 if they want to be generous.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 37100
That was my thought too. Or worse, give him €1, or €2 if they want to be generous.
Worth a try though.... I would pay to save me having to do it
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
OH was and is away and doesn't do Valentine's anyway.

Alex made me a card.

On the front it says "Fo mai mommi"
Inside it says "mai mommi iz grait"

Nobody has taught him how to write in English yet.

Indie - are you going to let H take his girl out for pizza
Thats so sweet !!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
I'm sure they would, but will they be willing to pay is another story
Seriously?

I'm just thinking that having a car "professionally" washed by hand costs around 20 euros or more sometimes,( external washing plus interiors hoovering) and I believe is around 6-7 if you go for the automatic one,only external; at least where I live..
I think it's a good idea, why shouldn't they tip him fairly? they wouldn't even have the hassle to take the car out...and plus they 're neighbors so he's not a total stranger
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ambra_wandsworth
Seriously?

I'm just thinking that having a car "professionally" washed by hand costs around 20 euros or more sometimes,( external washing plus interiors hoovering) and I believe is around 6-7 if you go for the automatic one,only external; at least where I live..
I think it's a good idea, why shouldn't they tip him fairly? they wouldn't even have the hassle to take the car out...and plus they 're neighbors so he's not a total stranger
A couple of years ago when OH was moaning about having to take the car to be washed, i asked why he didn't just do it himself and he said that you aren't allowed to wash cars outside your house in the street!!!! Is that true?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ballerina
A couple of years ago when OH was moaning about having to take the car to be washed, i asked why he didn't just do it himself and he said that you aren't allowed to wash cars outside your house in the street!!!! Is that true?
Might try that excuse with my OH
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ballerina
Mmm...Good question...

......Your OH is actually right...

I've just found this article:

http://www.allaguida.it/articolo/lav...r-molto/27933/

It's because detergents used are not 100% biodegradable...and only car wash have double drainage for water...

But I'm not sure this law is enforced everywhere, probably in big cities...

It happened I washed my car in my courtyard in the past, and I think it's quite common...

Probably better to avoid to do that in public streets....but still should be ok in private residential parking lots hopefully...
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Mmm...Good question...

It's because detergents used are not 100% biodegradable...and only car wash have double drainage for water...

It happened I washed my car in my courtyard in the past, and I think it's quite common...

Probably better to avoid to do that in public streets....but still should be ok in private residential parking lots hopefully...
Hmm it would probably be on the street here as all our neighbours have garages under their houses and not 'off road' parking as such and seeing as someone phoned the local police when one of our neighbours was burning garden waste last summer, I think someone would probably call the police....
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by indiebird
Hmm it would probably be on the street here as all our neighbours have garages under their houses and not 'off road' parking as such and seeing as someone phoned the local police when one of our neighbours was burning garden waste last summer, I think someone would probably call the police....
Maybe because of the smell of burnt? I don't think it's annoying for anyone if your kid is just washing a car..Just let him try to ask to a neighbour and see if it's ok ..maybe someone else already does that..
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:54 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm...Good question...

I don't see anyone washing their cars on private roads around here, we're also forbidden to wash our cars in the off-street parking of our block of flats. All it needs is one grumpy neighbour to grass you up!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by duffer
I don't see anyone washing their cars on private roads around here, we're also forbidden to wash our cars in the off-street parking of our block of flats. All it needs is one grumpy neighbour to grass you up!
yes no-one does here either... I just assumed that maybe it wasn't allowed or that most Italians take them to those big car-washing centres that you see around here. I've never seen those in the UK... normally just a car wash or jet wash at a petrol station...
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:54 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe because of the smell of burnt? I don't think it's annoying for anyone if your kid is just washing a car..Just let him try to ask to a neighbour and see if it's ok ..maybe someone else already does that..
So, are you from Wandsworth?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by indiebird
yes no-one does here either... I just assumed that maybe it wasn't allowed or that most Italians take them to those big car-washing centres that you see around here. I've never seen those in the UK... normally just a car wash or jet wash at a petrol station...
I wash mine on the road. Not very often as my OH tells me but I do do it. Plus the wheelie bins once a fortnight.

If we had a dog I am sure that would also get a hose down every so often
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:08 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

The belt on my Hoover has broken.

Hoover.IT do not have the new belt I need.
Shipping from Hoover.UK costs more than the belt.

Found some on Ebay UK.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

I see, if you have condominium regulations as well.. even though some neighbours are born to be grumpy, no matter what you do

So, are you from Wandsworth?
Not really, I've just lived there for the past three years before moving back to Italy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.