Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:56 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by 37100
Happened to have the tv on when the Moscow news came through and thought of your partner, Lorna. Wish him a HB from us. It's my eldest's too.
Thanks darling and happy birthday too to your son. Is it the one in Torino?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:26 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Thanks darling and happy birthday too to your son. Is it the one in Torino?
Nope. His is Jan 7th.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Nope. His is Jan 7th.
Expensive month.... and December for that matter!!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:32 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. His is Jan 7th.
Well happy belated birthday to that son too then.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

arghhhhhhhhh
my kindle arrived this morning. I'm a complete and total idiot. I assumed it would arrive with a couple of free books already downloaded, I typed in "free kindle books" and next thing that came up on the screen was "thankyou for your order..." I've just spent USD3.74 on a stupid book called something like "how to download kindle books for free" .... I am feeling completely and totally stupid and have to say I can understand why OH and son won't let me near anything hi tech !!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dina1965
arghhhhhhhhh
my kindle arrived this morning. I'm a complete and total idiot. I assumed it would arrive with a couple of free books already downloaded, I typed in "free kindle books" and next thing that came up on the screen was "thankyou for your order..." I've just spent USD3.74 on a stupid book called something like "how to download kindle books for free" .... I am feeling completely and totally stupid and have to say I can understand why OH and son won't let me near anything hi tech !!!!!
Yes but do you like the kindle? when did you order it....
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ordered three days ago. I can't say whether I like it or not - I'm now scared to touch the stupid thing !!!! Will wait until we get back home Thursday to go onto the amazon site and work out how to use it ....
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:27 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

arghhhhhhhhh
You've no-one but yourself to blame.

I wouldn't use the 1-Click payment method if I were you!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

ordered three days ago. I can't say whether I like it or not - I'm now scared to touch the stupid thing !!!! Will wait until we get back home Thursday to go onto the amazon site and work out how to use it ....
Three days??? From amazon.com to Italy? They were quoting weeks
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Three days??? From amazon.com to Italy? They were quoting weeks
sorry ... so angry at myself that I gave you wrong info. ordered on 3rd feb and arrived in Italy on 7th - one of the managers at the courier office lives in our mountain top village and therefore brings stuff home with him and personally delivers our stuff to my MIL in said village, regardless of the address on the package(!!!?) ... which is mine arrived after four days - my OH picked it up for me last night. I did, however, get an email of confirmation from Amazon on 4th feb saying that it would be delivered to my address between 8th-10th feb.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duffer
You've no-one but yourself to blame.

I wouldn't use the 1-Click payment method if I were you!
I've just spent the last two hours trying to work out how to eliminate the 1-click payment and re-register the stupid thing to the .UK site.
I did however get an email from Amazon confirming they had cancelled the order ... they took pity on me ...
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:30 am

OMG!

I have just found out that the lady gynaecologist that gave me a couple of scans when I was expecting Alex, and to my dismay was also present at his birth - shot her husband dead on Saturday and then threw herself off the 7th floor of the hospital. She's dead too. The husband had suffered a stroke over a year ago and was paralysed. Apparetly she had mentioned to a colleague that "this is no way to live." Poor woman.

http://www.ilgiornaledivicenza.it/st..._pu_pi_vivere/
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:53 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Well, she knew she wasn't getting a Valentine's card...
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by duffer
Well, she knew she wasn't getting a Valentine's card...
Don't be so bloody crass. I mean it.

I never liked the woman after she told me that Alex had kidney problems and could possibly be born deformed with one femur longer than the other, and then opened her office door to whoosh me out even though I was crying and desperate for info and answers ...... but I feel sorry for anybody that must be suffering that much pain and depression.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh that's awful Lorna, so sad. Drama here in Florence as well at the weekend, a young guy through himself in the Arno river after an argument with his girlfriend....they fished his body out on Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.