Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Aug 5th 2014, 11:49 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by 37100
I'll join you. Still stuck in with OH who rarely drinks. Can hardly drink a whole bottle myself, can I?

Bad storm early morning. All this weather has destroyed a lot of wine crops. Might have to hit the hard stuff.

Mum was due to visit in June. Broke her arm. Rebooked end of the month. Now she has broken her ribs and a thumb.

Put a bin bag on his leg to shower.
Jesus 37100. your mum is either so unlucky or she has super fragile bones - poor thing. Hope she gets out soon. God knows all this lovely sunshine is bound to do her good what flipping sunshine? My lovely Aunty rang the other night despite the cost just to make sure we were all okay after seeing on the UK news that 4 people died in Treviso. She recognised that Treviso is not far from me and knows she has landed there in the past.

My house is full of flies. I think they're all coming in from the cold. I've put up some of those sticky tape strips that are the stickiest things on earth. They are cheap, they work and I am not filling the house with chemicals that will suffocate the kids and myself. They look bloody ugly though as soon as there are a few flies stuck on them. Had my aperitivo drink during a chat to mum. That woman can talk the hind leg off a donkey so it was more like half a bottle. Not counting the amount, am on holiday and who cares anyway? Lunch time drinking does make me feel sleepy though ...........ZZZzzzzzzzzz
Old Aug 26th 2014, 11:49 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to bring back the Pimm's and the baked beans!!
Old Aug 26th 2014, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

WELCOME BACK !!!!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:00 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, arrived back on Sunday night and into work Monday morning. I hardly slept last night due to a combination of an alarm going off, dog barking, restless OH and a stiff neck.
Well and truly knackered.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:13 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Thank you, arrived back on Sunday night and into work Monday morning. I hardly slept last night due to a combination of an alarm going off, dog barking, restless OH and a stiff neck.
Well and truly knackered.
Welcome back Duffer. Hope you all had a great time. Shame about the Pimms.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Dog barking ? did you finally get the pug afterall ?
Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:57 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Dog barking ? did you finally get the pug afterall ?
I wish it was a pug but it's the stupid dog downstairs. I was on the balcony earlier and the neighbour downstairs was telling me the dog has a heart condition and it's dying or something but I wasn't paying attention as she was wearing this really low cut top and standing right below me. I even asked her how to make home made pasta to keep her talking.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well look on the bright side , the animal is unlikely to disturb you for long and you will be able to comfort the neighbour with a friendly hug ....
Old Aug 26th 2014, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I wish it was a pug but it's the stupid dog downstairs. I was on the balcony earlier and the neighbour downstairs was telling me the dog has a heart condition and it's dying or something but I wasn't paying attention as she was wearing this really low cut top and standing right below me. I even asked her how to make home made pasta to keep her talking.
Ask her about homemade sauces too. How to do the veg, make cakes. She's Italian - she won't stop talking about food.

PS me back to work tomorrow. Moan, groan, grunt wheeze...
Old Aug 26th 2014, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I got back back last week and its so nice to see some things never change
(actually its probably the first time that I was quite glad to be home-am slightly worried I am becoming a leetle beet italian )
Old Sep 1st 2014, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

How Britain is committing crimes against international cuisine | Life and style | theguardian.com

really ? a lasagna sandwich ?
Old Sep 1st 2014, 4:30 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Old Sep 1st 2014, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

OH made a joke yesterday-he asked me if I wanted the lasagna served with chips? I looked in horror at him as I did not realize he was pulling my leg. He knows I find it abhorrent when they serve this in some pubs in the UK.

However, I did put chopped chorizo sausage in the vegetable and lentil soup I am making tonight.

And I wonder what some people would think about pizza with Nutella which is served in the local pizzeria. It is yum though, but as a desert.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Isakat
OH made a joke yesterday-he asked me if I wanted the lasagna served with chips? I looked in horror at him as I did not realize he was pulling my leg. He knows I find it abhorrent when they serve this in some pubs in the UK.

However, I did put chopped chorizo sausage in the vegetable and lentil soup I am making tonight.

And I wonder what some people would think about pizza with Nutella which is served in the local pizzeria. It is yum though, but as a desert.
I won't let my kids get the nutella pizza here .... and I won't let them order the "patatosa" either. A pizza with a loads of chips on it.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I won't let my kids get the nutella pizza here .... and I won't let them order the "patatosa" either. A pizza with a loads of chips on it.
Spoilsport!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.