Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Italian Law - even more disgraceful.

Italian Law - even more disgraceful.

Old Oct 12th 2012, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Italian Law - even more disgraceful.

Did any of you see the shocking video of the young boy being dragged out of school by the polizia? Another sad parental custody case. But disgraceful conduct by the police. When I see anything violent involving children my blood boils. But somehow not at all surprised; and that worries me.
For any relative newcomers to Italy; or those who have had the good fortune of never having had involvement with Italian law and its enforcement; I always recommend a viewing of two classical films :

'Detenuto in attesa di giudizio' with Alberto Sordi
and
'Un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto' with (the name escapes me, but was also in 'Cristo si e' fermato a Eboli')
Old Oct 12th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Italian Law - even more disgraceful.

Originally Posted by ononno
Did any of you see the shocking video of the young boy being dragged out of school by the polizia? Another sad parental custody case. But disgraceful conduct by the police. When I see anything violent involving children my blood boils. But somehow not at all surprised; and that worries me.
For any relative newcomers to Italy; or those who have had the good fortune of never having had involvement with Italian law and its enforcement; I always recommend a viewing of two classical films :

'Detenuto in attesa di giudizio' with Alberto Sordi
and
'Un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto' with (the name escapes me, but was also in 'Cristo si e' fermato a Eboli')
Yes, I did feel sorry for the boy, but I think both parents have a lot to answer for that it should come to this kind of situation (the son having to go into care, not the police treatment). Good job it wasn't in America, they would have handcuffed the poor lad.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Italian law-grotesque

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/primopian...e/227072.shtml

It is dangerous being a seismologist in Italy, they imprison you if you do not predict an earthquake.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Isakat
Italian law-grotesque

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/primopian...e/227072.shtml

It is dangerous being a seismologist in Italy, they imprison you if you do not predict an earthquake.
We will have to wait for the full verdict to be published (it might take six months) to understand the rationale behind this, but if I remember correctly the issue is not about them not being able to predict an earthquake but the deliberate omission of details that could have triggered a red alert. I think this criminal trial was kickstarted by a fellow seismologist who correctly predicted the earthquake, contacted the Commission and was ridiculed by their members, who were eventually wrong. See this:
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:07 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get up to 6 years in prison for this, then I would like to see what the bloody captain of the Concordia will get.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 7:46 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

A knighthood?